Chapter- 7

'I hate you okay!'

'I know it's the reverse..'

Sonakshi was stunned. She thought, 'Usse kaise pata chala? Maine to khud ab realise kiya hai! He must be joking like every time!'

Not continuing the conversation, she looked at herself for one last time and took a cab to reach his place.

He was standing outside waiting..

'Hi'

She got off the car. He couldn't stop his stare. She looked a vision in black with her hair open and a smile on her pink lips..

'Hi! Do I..uh..look okay?' She stuttered a bit.

His jaw was open and he couldn't utter a word!

'Rohit!!' She touched his arm and he jumped as if someone had struck him.

'Yeah! Come..let's go in..'

She greeted his mother, Veena Sippy and father, Naren Sippy as they entered the drawing.

They welcomed her nicely. Ajit came and whispered, 'Bhai ka dil aa gaya hoga aap par, bach ke rehna..'

And her eyes widened. She pursed her lips and smiled when Rohit indicated her 'what?' and she said nothing.

Everyone sat in the area and chatted for long.

It was not late for things to become cordial. Sonakshi became comfortable when she saw there was love and laughter in this house and no one was judging her for anything she did or didn't do. A few times Rohit caught her with a faraway look in her beautiful eyes but it would pass.

Sonakshi accompanied Veena at the kitchen and both were happily enjoying the company..
After the dinner, Veena and Naren went to their room to give the youngsters some time to chat.

Ajit was conversing with Sonakshi and they were laughing over something. Rohit gave him glares but he couldn't understand what was Rohit trying to say..

'Kya Bhai? Kya bol rahe ho?' blurted Ajit.

'Woh Ajit..tumhe koi kaam tha na after dinner you said..' Rohit made fake excuse to have time with Sonakshi.

'Kaam? Nahin to... oouch!' Ajit screamed as Rohit pinched his arm.

'Haan..kaam tha! You guys talk..'

Sonakshi laughed at the antic as Ajit bid her bye.

After he was gone, Rohit made a place beside Sonakshi on the couch.

'I loved being here, Rohit.'

'Kabhi bhi aa sakti ho.. no worries!'

She smiled at the warmth in his words.

'Rohit.. I want to share something with you..'

'Haan haan bolo..'

'Actually I don't know if this is straight forward or what.. but I feel different.. Rohit.. around you.. if this is friendship or more than that.. I'm not sure. Also, what you think..matters to me..'

With a very gentle touch Sonakshi pulled his palm in hers. Her gesture made Rohit see her in awe. He was enchanted of the simplicity in her words, how beautiful she was in her confession.

'Sonakshi.. tell me everything what is in your mind..' he said softly.

'Rohit.. hume mile hue almost ek saal hone ko aa gaya hai.. I mean abhi not even 1 year and I feel inclined towards you, I feel ki..'

She halted and nervousness was evident.

'Okay.. so what do you want..batao.. ',  he tried to let her feelings out in another way.

'Maybe.. tumhara saath..'

Her direct words surprised Rohit. It was like she had spoken what he had in his heart since few months.

Sonakshi kept looking at him knowing he wanted to hear her more.

'See.. I don't know..what..how..why..'

He put a finger on her lips, 'Sonak...'

She removed his finger.

'Please Rohit..mujhe kehne do..'

He wanted the same. He smiled.

'Things haven't been easy and smooth for me, tum achhe se jaante ho.. tumhara life mein aana ek magic ke jaisa tha.. you know strangers se itna easily nahi karti hu mein baate. I mean in few days hum dono.. but probably it was because I needed someone at that moment! Badly? Shayad isliye connect kar paayi.. Tumse sab kuch share kiya.. roya.. I mean.. sab kuch.. Rohit.. aaj tak mere college mates kabhi mere ghar nahi aaye except few girls but see.. you .. itna comfort.. aur yeh kyu tha mujhe ab bhi samajh nahi aata... if you ever felt I've been selfish, us chiz ke liye sorry....'

She shut him as he was about to say something.

'Rohit.. ye aaj kehne ki himmat hai because maybe I don't want to lose you.. maybe mere life mein aisa koi nahi hoga jisse mein itna close ho saku.. shayad yeh feelings sirf isliye hai kyunki meri life mein problems hai and I want someone.. wo solution mujhe tumhare paas milta hai...'

Her eyes brimmed with tears.

'Thanks for everything.. shayad tum feel nahi karte jo mein karti hu ya you do but mein samajh nahi paayi.. So.. isliye aaj ye sab keh rahi hu.. help me to understand what is this.. tum samjhao kya sahi hai.. kya galat.. kya ye sirf friendship hai.. ya usse zyada..'

He patiently listened and then wrapped his other palm on their hands.

'Sonakshi.. before I answer your question ki kya sahi hai kya galat.. mujhe kehna hai kuch.. you know...tum bohot strong aur confident larki ho.. itna sab kuch tumhari life mein hone ke bawajood.. you are strong! Ek baat batana reveal hun mein aaj..the first time we talked..court pe..wasn't the first time jo mein wahan tha..'

'Matlab..'

'I had been watching you for days.. I am sorry I know ye stalking hai.. but ya I knew my limits.. tumhe pata hai.. mein aksar wahan aata tha aur notice karta tha.. tum alag lagi.. sab ke saath football khelte hue, kabhi akele bhi, phir hanste hue.. lekin himmat nahin hoti thi ki baat karun.. please..bolne do..' as she tried to cut him.

'Tumse baat kar ke acha laga, phir tumhari nervousness, shyness sab dil mein ghar kar gayi.. Jab se tumhe jaana hai..mein khud se zyada tumhara khayal rakhna chahta hun, tumhare saath time spend karna chahta hun, tum se baat karna chahta hun, tum se bas...p-pyaar karna chahta hun...'

She looked at him, amazed.

'Yes Sonaa.. I love..you..'

- - -

A long one for you all.

Hope it isn't rushed ..

Vote. Comment. Share.

Thankyou,
Nidakshi.