Chapter 19

She was languidly sitting on her high opulent golden throne with a glass of wine in one hand and the other supporting her head as she leaned on it. She nonchalantly inquired. {"How is the Land of the Magical Beasts, Behemoth Kingdom?"}

{"Your Majesty, Behemoth Kingdom is still in uproar and I have speculated it will not end soon. The highest of highest noble and royal magical beasts are still having conferences."} The aide respectfully kneeled down and reported, adding his own comment to the piece.

As if a new flower blossoming, an enchanting smile graced her face that can easily allure any human man to do her bidding. {"That is to be expected after all, after what he has done."} She chuckled. {"I cannot wait to see what occurs next."}

••••

"Hmmm?" Ashnah quizzically voiced, opening up the old large leather clothing trunk. The first thing she saw was a card with soft delicate incursive writing, say 'For my Granddaughter.' She picked up the small white card outlined with purple lilies and dots in between those flowers. The brown haired girl flipped the card to it's back to see if there were any more writing but there was not. The trunk was filled with a plethora of elegant cute gowns for a child along with jewellery and hair accessories.

Ellen walked up from behind her, peering over her child's shoulder. "What a coincidence. That was left to you by your grandmother Alice Morley, your daddy's mother."

Ashnah turned her head, looking up at her mother. "Grandmother?" But didn't her paternal grandmother and grandfather had died the same time in an accident when her father had been a child?

"From what daddy told me, your grandmother always wanted a daughter who she could dress up, do her hair, take shopping, have tea with and many other things. It was very difficult for your grandmother and grandfather to get pregnant. And when they did, they called it a miracle. Then your daddy was born. She was somewhat saddened, but she deeply loved your daddy all the same. Knowing that there would be little to no chances of her having another child, she was relying on your daddy to have a daughter when he grew up. Everything in that trunk was slowly and thoughtfully prepared for you, Ashnah, by her."

Ashnah speculated that; she could had practically felt the warmth overflow from it. The feeling tickled her heart.

"Make sure to thank her when we visit her." Ellen reminded her daughter with a smile.

The child responded. "I will mommy!"

Then the amethyst eyed woman glanced down at the trunk, noticing something and getting a weird feeling. "Ash, do you want to wear one of the dresses grandmother Alice bought you, instead?" Asked the mother.

"Yes, please." She answered with a smile.

And the reason why Ellen had said it was a coincidence before was because, today they were planning on going to the grave sight to visit the Smith Family and Anzor's parents.

••••

The place the Smith Family and Anzor's parents had been laid to rest was Adnah's Cemetery. The cemetery was on a hill and usually only those of noble blood could be buried there.

Anzor Morley had pulled some strings for the Smith Family to be buried there, seven years ago. It had been said by an old powerful priest that those who were laid to rest in Adnah's Cemetery would find eternal peace in Brahma's tender and warm embrace.

As Ashnah walked a few steps ahead of her on the stairs up to Adnah's Cemetery, Ellen Smith's weird feeling was even more confirmed. 'No adjustments were needed to be made for the dress. It's as if the dress was .... made perfectly for Ash. And the person who made all of those dresses .... was mom.'

The brunette did not know what to feel. It was quite strange. Then she recalled one of the rumors in Rafferty City, saying that even though Alice had been blessed with fairy like beauty, she had been quite queer, an enigma. Even Anzor himself had said that he could not understand what had been going on in his mother's mind if it were not for the letters and her diary she had left behind.

A handsome noble man who could not have been more than thirty years of age with long crimson red hair tied with a thin black ribbon-string hanging over his left shoulder and hazel eyes where green dominated brown was striding down the stairs. He wore circular glasses and carried a covered canvass under his left arm. He stopped and greeted. "Good day, Miss. Smith - beg my pardon, Viscountess Smith. It is great to see you again well and alive."

Ashnah stopped in place too when she heard the redhead's voice. Her amethyst widened. 'When did he pass me?' The child had been a little bit ahead of her mother and the noble had to had pass her first since he was just one step away from Ellen. 'Some kind of skill or magic?' She thought questioningly, tilting her head to the side.

Ellen recognized the man. He was Marquess Naqqash Lee, a very renowned artist domestically and internationally. The Marquess had won a multitude of awards for his works and had many nobles fighting with each other just to have one of his creations. He also was a main judge for some of the major beauty pageants that took place within the Emphraim Kingdom. "The same to you." She asked only to be a bit custumal. "Painting?"

"Yes, but it is merely in it's beginning stages." He answered, smiling.

"I am sure that it will just as sublime as your other works." Ellen concluded.

Ashnah took walked back towards her mother. She was now standing by Ellen's side.

Seeing the child, the Marquess Lee's eyes had widened. He had sensed someone on the steps before he had greeted Ellen, but did not bother to take a look at who it had been. He now knew, it had been Ellen Smith's rumoured daughter, the one who had been blessed by the great almighty Brahma with a middle name.

To the Marquess, the rumoured daughter looked 83% like her mother. And he had noticed all the differences with merely one look.

"Marquess Lee, this is my daughter. And Ashnah this is Marquess Lee. " Ellen introduced.

Ashnah curtsied. "Greetings."

"Hello. Well, don't you just look like your mother?"

Ashnah did a small smile. "I am told that by a lot of people."

"That, I am sure that you are." Indeed, she looked majorly like Ellen but possessed a different charm. Because he had already seen how Ashnah looked, he easily pictured how her adult self would appear as. He was inspired. "Well, I will not keep you all day. Good-bye."

"Good-bye, Marquess Lee." The mother and daughter pair returned to him.

Once the two had finally reached up the stairs, and headed for Anzor parents' graves, Ashnah eyes immediately widened as she felt a slight burning sensation on the back of her right shoulder. She had not only received a middle name from Brahma but the mark of a small white wing from where the burning sensation was coming from.

Through her amethyst eyes, standing on her grandmother, Alice Morley's grave was Alice Morley herself. But as a spirit. The spirit of her grandmother smiled at her.

...

...

....

....

...

...

...

'Finally, I get to meet you Ashnah.'

Her soft voice rang in her ears.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
Have you guys not noticed someone missing from Ashnah's side?