𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙥

❝i'm not just the help, zuko! i'm more than this! i deserve more than this!❞

than this! i deserve more than this!❞

THE HELP
a prince zuko fic.
written and edited by lexi!

you're such a piece of shit! you think of no one but yourself.

you think you're any better than i am?

i KNOW i am

IF YOU ASKED HANA what her core memories were, she'd smile at you, hiding the pain of it all.

the first one she'd tell you about was her father leaving her family to go fight in the war. her smile would falter a bit.

then, she would tell you how she discovered she was an earth bender. "i was 5. my mother knew i'd be something big," she'd laugh, "one day, my older brother had been throwing pebbles at me and i got annoyed so i began throwing pebbles using my bending." she'd gasp for air laughing so hard, "my poor mother!"

she'd stop laughing soon after. hana would tell you the tale of her brother leaving for war not too soon after her discovery.

"after my brother left we had to leave. we had to start traveling to ba sing se. we knew we'd be safe there, but it'd be an extremely hard journey," hana thought back. "we thought we'd be okay. we wouldn't get caught. we were wrong." she'd sigh, "we got caught. my mom, my sister, and i should've been killed. luckily, they were spared and i got this job, here, on this ship, working with prince zuko to find the avatar."

DEDICATED TO:
sukiskatana LordMomos
emilykujo

COVER BY: N0CTURN3S

please note: there will be death, fighting, and cursing!