Chapter 3: Grievances

Half a month had passed since the family dinner, Xia Qian'an's worries ever since the beginning slowly relaxed, and he spent every day being lazy. Xia Qian'an also liked this kind of life. If his identity was not so complicated, it would be better.

The bamboo forest was quiet and serene. Occasionally, a breeze blew, and the bamboo leaves would rustle, bringing a faint cool scent of bamboo in the air. The distant guqin chords calmed the impetuous hearts of the listener, and the soothing effect was surprisingly good.

The closer one got, the clearer they could hear it. Xia Hongxuan said with a smile, "What's in front of us?"

Xia Hongxuan had also come to Prince Jing's mansion once or twice, but he had never been to the Green Bamboo Courtyard before. Suddenly, he heard the soothing sound of the guqin, and he was interested in it. This guqin skill was comparable to that of the imperial palace. Maybe it was a little better.

"It should be from the small bamboo forest in the Green Bamboo Courtyard. This is also a road leading there." Xia Jinwen said with a warm smile that made people feel good about him at first sight.

Xia Jinwen was the second son of Prince Jing's mansion. He was gentle and gave a light smile to everyone, but people who were familiar with him all knew of his essence.

Who was pure when they were royalty? They had long been dyed black by the house of Gong Dou, and even the children couldn't escape. Not to mention the royal family, even ordinary families had internal fights.

Xia Jinwen looked like jade on the surface, but in essence, he was alienated from others. Xia Jinwen had an elder twin brother, whose character was totally opposite to him, and whose name was almost the same as his. His name was Xia Jinhan. Xia Jinhan, as his name implied, was cold and speechless, with few expressions. He had cold facial paralysis to anyone, and his parents were no exception.

"Oh? Who lives there?"

"I think it's Xia Qian'an, right? A concubine's son."

"Oh? Let's go and have a look!" Xia Hongxuan's eyes narrowed slightly, and he said this with a smile as he walked back into the bamboo forest.

Xia Jinwen just smiled, didn't say anything, and followed. His eyes were deep. He thought that this half brother of his was better than the rumors said. He could play the guqin to this style.

The road to the small bamboo forest, in addition to the one through the Green Bamboo Courtyard, was a remote one, but few people would notice. This time, Xia Hongxuan found that as he got a little closer, he could hear the music better.

Xia Hongxuan and Xia Jinwen walked for a while, then they saw the player. At that moment, Xia Hongxuan thought he had seen the son of a poor family. The man was dressed in white, his hair was partially undone, but he was beautiful.

In particular, he had a temperament that was naturally formed, and not deliberate.

Xia Jinwen still had on a warm smile, but his smile did not reach the bottom of his eyes, and he was looking down on him.

When An Jiu felt the strange aura of the visitor, he told his master that he would return to the shadows, and, at his master's signal he would come out, but he would not be far from his master's position.

When the two men got close to each other, Xia Qian'an just finished the song. Looking up, he happened to know one of them. Xia Qian'an was a little stiff and pale, but he got up quickly and looked at Xia Hongxuan and Xia Jinwen.

"Third... Third Elder Brother." Xia Qian'an said hello to him in a light and trembling voice. He had some impression of Xia Jinwen, but when he saw the real person, Xia Qian'an vaguely felt that Xia Jinwen was not as warm as the gossip said.