CHAPTER 66

17th May, 2022

"Wow, miss L/N" your colleague gave a few dramatic claps. "So it was true, I did see the famous Jeon Jungkook on the pavement that day." she tilted her head and you rolled your eyes, focusing on the papers. "Can you please work?" You reminded without sparing her a look. "No, love. I can work, you can't. The boss called you." She said and this time you looked up.

"Me?" You asked and she nodded with an obvious look. "Go ahead. No one can get their mind off it right now. Your pretty little dating scandal." she sighed, sitting back next to you. Your lips parted as you stood up, your slit skirt strangling you making you almost fall. "Excited much?" Your friend smirked and you gave her a fake smile before getting back into your heels. "It is not a scandel" you replied, staring her down. "Loving someone is not a scandal" you muttered under your breath, which she could pretty much catch. You turned around anyway, walking straight towards the lifts.

"I don't care!" Your boss shouted, throwing the newspaper on the table. The scene reminded you of the day you were in Bang PD's office. Of how he was so tender with unlike this man right here. "I don't care who you're dating or who you're seeing. It is none of my business" he said, standing up and walking to the huge ass window of his office.

"I respect my staff's privacy. And specially in your case, as you're one of my favourites." He said, nodding. You sighed uncomfortably, shifting in your seat without moving your gaze from the floor. Yes, the boss had a wee little bit of a crush on you. Damn, you were charming. However, he wasn't one of those bosses who are good old men, divorced once in their life and running their franchise - yes, your boss was one of those hot young spoilt brats who'd taken over their father's business.

One thing, however. The man was a sweet bachelor, a flirt, but a pretty resolved person; he worked hard, unlike the perceptions of people. He worked hard, earned loads, spent well. He was a good human, for someone at his level. At his financial standards. "I always love to reward you for your hard work. However!" He paused, raising a finger.

"I'll not accept any unwanted attention to my company. We are one of the bestsellers of Microsoft and I don't want that reputation to fade. Rumors, I HATE THOSE!" He exclaimed before punching the glass. You raised your eyebrows, not budging once at his outbreak. Why, you may ask? Cause you were sure no matter what this man won't hurt you. He was too much of a kind one for that, and so was his little confession to you a proof. He liked your savage ass.

"Yes, Jackson" you breathed out, not even caring to use the title 'sir'. He'd give a cheesy line to you for not using it with him anyway. "I won't let any rumors happen. I promise to be careful" you smiled, bringing your high ponytail to the front using your hands and running your fingers through the black-brown hair. "And... I am happy if you're happy with that guy" he said and you looked at him for a moment before chuckling. Jelly, you snickered to yourself. "Thankyou, Jackson. I am happy with him" you said, the words slipping from your lips genuinely without even thinking.