Chapter 5: Aggravated Condition

The next day, Madame Ru knew about what happened with Xia Qian'an. Yan Ru was very anxious at this time. She wanted to think about the countermeasures. She didn't know about her son's situation, but if she got him married, things would come to light, and many things would happen. Yan Ru's calculation and plans were unknown to Xia Qian'an.

After having breakfast, Xia Qian'an asked An Jiu to take the guqin and go to the little bamboo forest. He was in a bad mood because of yesterday's events. He couldn't stop reading. He simply went to the little bamboo forest.

Fortunately, the person who reassured him was by his side. It's a lot better to think this, Xia Qian'an thought. Xia Qian'an stopped and turned to look at An Jiu holding the guqin behind him, with gentle eyebrows.

"Master?" An Jiu stopped and took a quick look at his master. He was confused.

"I'm okay, let's go!" Xia Qian'an smiled, turned around and walked on.

An Jiu's head slightly lowered, no one could see his eyes clearly, his mouth was pursed into a straight line, but he still moved slowly to keep up.

Master...

The atmosphere in the palace was becoming more and more subdued. The servants who served their master dare not breathe. They were afraid that their master would be angry and they would be punished. Xia Qian'an also heard some news from Qiushui. He didn't care. Anyway, it was none of his business.

However, he didn't know that the more he didn't care, the more likely it would end up having something to do with him.

Xia Qian'an entered the palace, but he didn't respond.

In the morning, he was led to his father, and then he was told a lot of things he didn't understand. At last, the Prince lost his temper at him for no reason, and Xia Qian'an was scared. Then he was taken down to wash and put on his clothes, before being put into a sedan chair and sent to the palace. Up to this moment, he had not been back to his mind.

"Mr. Xia, you are staying in this yard for the time being."

"Mn." Xia Qian'an nodded expressionlessly and followed them in.

Compared with the layout of the Imperial Palace, it was not big, but it was much bigger than the Green Bamboo Courtyard. The environment was also very good and there were many flowers and trees in this courtyard. These flowers did not match the Royal Palace's temperament very much. They were elegant and similar to Xia Qian'an.

There were only a few maids in the courtyard and they were not very close to Xia Qian'an, and they also didn't speak very much.

Looking at the layout and arrangement, the person who invited him must have clearly understood his living habits. Finally, Xia Qian'an could rest. He went to his new bedroom, and his tense look relaxed. When he stayed in a strange environment, he would unconsciously become nervous. What's more, his mind was very sensitive.

"An Jiu." Xia Qian'an said in a soft voice, he wanted to ask An Jiu to come out with him. He was not so afraid of An Jiu.

"..."

No one answered, and he didn't see the familiar figure of the man. Xia Qian'an's pupils shrank and his face became pale. The hand on his knee clenched slowly, and his body shivered.

The man was not there.

He didn't follow.

He was not by his side.

...

Xia Qian'an's thoughts kept circulating in his brain. He reached for his knees and buried his face in them as his body kept shaking. The reason why he was calm just now was because he thought that An Jiu was with him in the shadows, so he was not afraid.