Chapter 9: Confession

When the day was slightly bright, An Jiu woke up. It was impossible for him to have the habit of sleeping until noon every day. Maybe it was because his master's breath was beside him, which made him feel at ease. And they were safe enough now. An Jiu only woke up once or twice during the night.

After An Jiu woke up, he opened his eyes, lay on the bed and looked at the crystal light in the ceiling without expression. After a long time, he carefully turned his head to the window and did not know what he was thinking. An Jiu was a person who was expressionless and couldn't show any emotion. (Except, of course, when it was about Xia Qian'an!) He was unpredictable. He was also intolerable in the aspect of feelings, but he was still with Xia Qian'an.

The person beside him moved, An Jiu immediately looked back to his master, his eyes held a gentleness that he didn't realize was there.

The face of the person in front of him was so delicate that he couldn't be distinguished between the male and the female. His skin was very white, like a deathly white that hadn't seen the light for a long time. He could see his blood vessels, a vibrant blue color at a close look. An Jiu thought of his master's aversion to strangers, and now he had an explanation.

"...Mn." Xia Qian'an unconsciously made a sound, his body rubbed against An Jiu's side, his hands were still clasped around An Jiu's arm, his eyelashes were slightly quivering. He was about to wake up, but he went back to sleep a few seconds later, presumably because the man next to him made him feel at ease.

The bed was very big and wide, and there were many places left for him to sleep on. This room was not Xia Qian'an's bedroom as it was located on the second floor. Yesterday, he wanted to move An Jiu to the second floor, but he was still recovering and had to let An Jiu stay in the room on the first floor.

As for Xia Qian'an's staying here, his explanation was that he was taking care of the wounded. However, this explanation was far fetched, and he knew the uneasiness of his master. So he put down what he had been abiding by in his heart. Maybe he also had some selfishness in his heart and wanted to be closer to his master.

As An Jiu thought, looking at his master's eyes gently, his usually expressionless face loosened.

It was around seven o'clock and it was already bright outside. Xia Qian'an didn't like the light and he would normally draw the curtains closed before going to bed. But considering An Jiu, he didn't pull the window tightly last night. Now the sun was shining through the glass, Xia Qian'an frowned and opened his eyes.

After getting up, Xia Qian'an took An Jiu into the bathroom to familiarize himself with toiletries and teach him to use modern things. There were disposable toothbrushes in the bathroom. Xia Qian'an didn't want to go back to the second floor, and so he had to make do with them.

Since An Jiu was a shadow guard, and the medicine Xia Qian'an gave him was better, hisinjuries were almost healed and there was no problem getting out of bed and walking.

After washing up, the clothes bought by Xiao Zhang, a driver entrusted by Mrs. Li, were also sent into the room. As soon as they left the bathroom, they saw several sets of clothes on the bed, and the things on the bed were also cleaned. After changing clothes, An Jiu walked out of the bedroom behind his master. As soon as he came out of the room and saw the outside, An Jiu was in a trance, but he quickly returned. His face was still calm and expressionless.

The floor was smooth and he could see his own reflection, and the walls around were also white and clean. The floor area of the room was very large, and filled with all kinds of things he hadn't seen before. He felt like he had come to a magical place.