Chapter 8

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is July 12, 2020. I hope that none of you are as depressed as me. I was planning on visiting my best friend that I haven't seen in 3 years, but with the new numbers coming out, we canceled. That was going to be my mental reset that should have got me through the remaining summer and beginning of fall, but now that I don't have that... well shit. Y'all see where that went. Anyways, I hope the last chapter gave y'all some happy butterflies. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

some mood music up above

Y/n looks at Billy's face happily. He is driving her home. Although his eyes are focused on the road, he has a small smile on his face. 

Why am I doing this? I've literally known him for 3 days. How is it that I feel this way about him already?

"I can hear you arguing with yourself," Billy says.

Y/n blushes. "I'm just thinking about why I feel this way already."

He looks at her meaningfully. "Take it as a sign."

Y/n takes his hand and entertwines her fingers with his. He smiles at her. A real, genuine smile.

He squeezes her hand as she gazes out the window. She notices something odd. The clouds look rather dark and ominous. 

Before long, however, he pulls up at her house. She steps out of the car. A fat raindrop falls on her cheek. Then her hair. Then her arm. Soon, the entire sky is full of raindrops. Y/n squeals and runs to Billy's side of the car.

"Doll, what are you-" He gets cut out when Y/n lugs him out of the Camero.

"I'm all wet!" He cries.

She laughs and twirls around, her skirt flying up around her. Billy just stares at her in pure happiness. 

Y/n takes his hands and begins dancing with him. He spins her around and picks her up. He didn't even notice her bosum in his face; his eyes were trained on her face. 

"Here: hop on." Billy motions for his back. Y/n happily climbs on him. His strong arms wrap around her legs. Her arms lock around his neck, and she burries her face in his wet hair. 

He twirls around and runs around the yard. Y/n holds on for dear life and shrieks. 

The rain keeps falling, and it thoroughly soaks their outfits, but neither of them care.

Billy puts her down. Y/n looks up at him and immediately kisses him. He kisses back and dips her. Her fingers get lost in his hair while his hands hold her securely to his chest. 

Their mouths move together in perfect harmony. When they break, Billy flinches ever so slightly.

"Hey," Y/n says softly. "You've been hurt before, haven't you?"

He nods.

"You say you've been through this before. You gave away all your secrets To someone who up and left you in pieces. I know the feeling, believe me. I know the prices you have to pay, but I'm sacrificing my freedom, and all just to get somebody to see me. Nobody said it was easy. My heart's been broken, too, but I keep hoping that if it keeps breaking, I'll be able to open it."

He turns away slightly.

"Billy. I know we've both been afraid, but we can't run from the wind and thunder when we are dancing under," she motions to the sky, "the rain! I think we have what it takes. Breathe deeply and let it wash over you."

He looks at her hopefully. "How are you so wise, doll?"

She shrugs. "I just want you to feel safe." They lean their foreheads against each other, water pouring off both of them.