The Prophecy

"Love?" I voiced outloud.

A blizzard bellowed violently in my mind, and lost of words and sane thoughts I froze.

"Elizabeth?" She called out in concern as my eyes blanked.

"Yes?....What, why are you suddenly asking me that? He is my employer!"

I looked at her in utter bewilderment. In return, she smiled at me softly, and said quickly to calm me down. "Sorry then, its just that my powers aren't working on you."

"Your powers?" I could see myself in her almond eyes, and the pride accompanying joy within them.

"Yeah, most demigod have powers that are attributed to their respective parent. And in my case, like many of my mother's children, can use enchantment. It is rather helpful you know, we can have people do what we want them to, if you are powerful enough."

"You can make someone fall in love?" I asked feeling uncomfortable by the strange gift.

"Love? Geez no. Just think of it as hypnotism." She rebuked, but I couldn't make out if by it she meant love was something silly or sacred.

"Why did you use it on me?" I folded my hands, and asked, but I couldn't bring myself to suspect the kind hearted woman of evil intentions.

"I wanted to know if you were actually a goddess, sorry." She apologized, and sounded dejected when she continued. "I am not really good at it for it work on gods anyway, or on a demigod for that matter, but i still tried it without your consent. I am really sorry."

Her face was face downcast, and I felt my heart drop to the floor. "Hey, its fine. And just so you know, you have me enchanted enough. Have even seen me take my eyes of you from the time we met? Your personality is enough to make people do your bidding. "

"Really?" Like cheery blossoms in spring her face bloomed, as if the soft petals had settled on her cheeks.

"Mmm."

My body leaned to her side as she pulled hard on my hand. "I think I know why my powers doesn't work on you. Its actually not supposed to be effective on people who are already in love, and since that's not the case, your special bloodline as you spoke of might be the reason or Lord Hades must have made you immune to all sort of enchantments before sending you on the quest."

It was as if my brain processing had slowed like a rolling stone up a hill, and before it fell down to utter chaos, and dilemmas I willed my tongue to speak.
"Yes, that must be the case."

"I have something to ask you about. Do you know Demeter?"

"The goddess of harvest? Of cource. I have even seen her in person once by chance." She smiled affirming that her impression on the said goddess was favourable, and I bit back a frown.

"Oh. See the thing is, one of my friend told me that she is kinnda cold and hard to approach, is she really like that? I am just asking because I tend to be annoying without intending to be, so just wanted to know if I should keep my distance if I ever meet her."

"You are not annoying!" She nearly screamed before her expression turned polite with a smile as she apologised to a startled passerby.

It was so adorable that I was tempted to hug her.

"I think your friend got the wrong impression, most of the people I know think that Demeter is exceptionally sweet, and the most kind out of the goddesses. My meeting with her was very brief, but she came off to me as someone warm."

The sun' light was suddenly dulled behind dark clouds, as if to represent the murky feelings in my heart. The goddess I met did not seem to fit her descriptions in the least. "Are you sure?" I asked.