Chapter 8 - THE MEMORY LANE

Sunaina and Chandrabhaga were in the kitchen spending some quality time together while looking after the preparations for lunch.

"Now i hope everything is settled at sankasya" questioned sunaina

"Most things are settled but still we both will take time to adjust there. But situation there are better from your last visit. We both miss mithila and everyone a lot. The palace seems so empty without everyone. " said an emotional chandrabhaga

Sunaina placed her hand on her shoulder" I know its difficult to live away from one's family but we are Kshatriyas. The praja(people of the kingdom) is our children. Its our duty to look after their comfort even if it means sacrificing our own happiness."

"you are right didi i understand "

"This time when you will go take mandvi and Shrutkirti along for a few days. The girls miss you both alot"

"But what about the gurukul?"

"Dont worry i will have a word with Devi Gargi and Maharishi Yagnavalkya moreover Sita and Urmila are there to help them with the lessons. You need not worry"

"Thank you didi" beamed chandrabhaga

"No chandra no need to thank me. I understand your pain. Living away from your kids the thought breaks my heart"

"Pain is there didi but i am satisfied that my children are growing under your shadow. The values and the love with which you and bhaiya will nurture no one else including me" said a proud Chandrabhaga

A lone tear escaped Sunaina's eye as she hugged her. Just than Sita entered the Kitchen.

"Greetings ma Greetings Choti maa"
Sita said with folded hands

"god bless you sita" said both together

"Maa chotimaa do you need my help in the kitchen." questioned sita.

Both smiled. Sita is much more mature and responsible than the children of her age.

"No Sita we will manage" smiled chandrabhaga

"Where are the other three Sita? " asked Sunaina

"Mandavi and Shrutkirti are in the chamber and urmila is most probably with chotepitashree in the armory" answered Sita

"uff! I don't know what this father and daughter find in the armory didi you know i think at sankasya what they miss the most is mithila's armory there he is busy with kingdom's work and is left with no time to visit armory otherwise he would have set his bed there only" complained an irritated chandrabhaga

Sita and Sunaina stood there having a hard time controlling their giggles.

"Sita you go and spend time with Mandavi and Shrutkirti. They will leave with your chotemaa and chotepitashre and will stay at Sankasya for a few days. "

Sita's head fell in disappointment but she immediately covered it with a smile.

"Maa that's a great decision both of them miss chotemaa and chotepita a lot. They will feel happy living with them for some time. "

Both the women smiled she is a perfect elder sister to her younger ones. With this Sita left the kitchen.

"Didi our sita has grown up so early. "

"you are right chandra"

"I miss her a lot she will always be my first child and is more special to me than anyone else i still remember the day when i first picked her in my arms i felt complete. That feeling cannot be put in words it was the best feeling ever. She made me realize how it feels to be a mother. The beauty of motherhood she brought for both of us is so special and fresh in my heart even today. " said chandrabhaga as both the royal ladies of mithila took a stroll down the memory lane eyes briming with happy tears as they remembered the happiness Sita brought into their life.