Chapter 5: #Burrito Bucket

Babs is putting on her uniform as she makes a heroic speech.

Babs: In a world hungry for justice, where citizens thirst for righteousness, and yearn for the taste of freedom, one woman's there to serve them the liberty they so desperately crave. And also, burritos. Buckets and buckets of burritos.

Babs then starts whistling in a Mexican rhythm.

???(Shane O'Shaughnessy): Gordon!

Babs stop to see an angry man with yellow hair, yellow clothing, and brown pants.

Babs: Buenos dias, Shane.

Shane: That's Mr. O'Shaughnessy to you! And you're late. Again!

Babs: I am?

Babs turn to the clock and sees its 10:05

Shane: That's the sixth time this week, Gordon, and it's only Monday!

Babs: Oh, sorry, Shane. Er, Mr. O'Shaughnessy, sir.

Shane: Listen, Gordon, some people know the importance of a good work ethic. Punctuality, responsibility. Some people take their job seriously.

Babs: Believe you me, Senor O'Shaughnessy, nothing's more important to me than this job. I love Burrito Buckets. I've been a fan of Burrito Bucket since I was five!

Babs shows a picture of herself at the age of 5 holding a bucket of burritos. Shane then push the phone away from himself.

Shane: Whatever. If you're late one more time, today, tomorrow, for the rest of your life, you're fired!

Babs: Fired? Could this be the end for a habanero heroine, our enchilada enforcer, our lady sentinel of the sacred bean? No!

Shane: What?

Babs: Nothing. From here on out, I'll be the master of time management, the crusader of the clock, the expert of hours.

Babs then went to the kitchen and cut up some green onions as she whistles in a Mexican tune. She then sees a car park in front of a bank. Then three people come out of the car and put on masks.

Babs: Hmm, suspicious. Really suspicious.

Then the people arm themselves with guns.

Babs: Extremely suspicious! I don't think those dudes are bank patrons at all! Mr. O'Shaughnessy! Hey, hey! Mr. O...

Shane: What?

Babs: Bathroom break?

Shane: No.

Babs: Please!

Shane: Ugh. Two minutes. But one second later, and you are so fired.

Babs then set herself an alarm.

Babs: Alarm. One minute 50. There. Plenty of time.

She then headed to the bathroom and did a quick change in her bat suit. She then zip lined from the Burrito Bucket sign to the bank and see what the people are doing.

Babs: I knew it. They're totally not bank patrons! Citizens of Metropolis, fear not, for Batgirl is here to put an end to this egregious evildoing. With supreme mastery of the martial arts, terrifically high-tech gadgetry and unshakable moral certitude, she will make short work of these buffoonish bank-robbing baddies!

Mac: Hey, who are you calling buffoonish?

Babs: Give up now, you foolish fiends, you nefarious nimrods, for now is the time--

Her alarm went off.

Babs: Time... Oh, no!

Babs then turn to the restaurant and then to the robbers back and forth.