CAPITOLO VENTICINQUE- Thanksgiving

"Watch your man then you should watch your mouth." - Nicki Minaj.

The Bronx, New York📍
4:00 pm
November 22nd' 18

"Thank you again for inviting us over to celebrate Thanksgiving with y'all, Ms Maria." Rheah smiles looking over to Maria while she seasons the chicken drumsticks in the bowl.

Cataleya pauses from stirring the macaroni 'n' cheese, grinning at Maria. "Yeah, we really appreciate it."

"Oh, you're welcome my dears," Maria smiles warmly, "Thanksgiving is a family holiday and you girlies are part of our family now so it's only right that you join us."

"Right, Thanksgivings with the Andersons is always a vibe!" Janaé grins broadly, "So trust me ladies, imma make sure since it's y'all first one with us we finna have an extra great time." She winks.

"A great sensible time," Maria adds, narrowing her eyes at her daughter.

"Of course mother." Janaé flashes her an innocent smile, "Good clean wholesome family fun."

Cataleya and Rheah couldn't help but chuckle at the mischievous glimmer dancing in Janaé's eyes. They'd come to realise that anytime Naé said they were gonna have a great time, they would, but it usually came with them getting into some mess.

Cataleya shakes her head amused, "So what exactly is the itinerary for the day?"

"Well, first and most importantly, we EAT!" Janaé chuckles and the others laugh with her, "Then, some of my brothers' boys come through, we play some games, karaoke, talk, have a good time, just enjoying each other's company. Usually, my aunt Lola would be here with my cousins Dave and Jayceon but they're spending this year with Jayceon's in-laws."

"Oh okay nice, do you only have one sister, Ms Maria?" Cataleya asks.

"Oh no, there's three of us. We got Ruby who's the oldest, she's currently living in London with her son and daughter. I'm the middle child and Lola is the baby." Maria chuckles rolling her eyes playfully, "But she likes to think she's the oldest."

"Oh, I know just what you're talking about Ms Maria." Rheah throws Cataleya a side look.

Cataleya scoffs, "At me next time Rhee, at me."

Maria and Janaé laugh as the two sisters go back and forth playfully throwing shade at each other before the two crack up and settle down.

"Honestly, the two of you remind me of me and my sisters when we're all together." Maria smiles.

"Awww, that's nice they sound like a vibe then." Cataleya comments boastfully with a smirk.

"Right." Rheah mirrors her sister.

Maria shakes her head amused, "They are and hopefully you'll meet them soon, the whole family should be flying over for Christmas."

"Oo nice! Do I hear a second invite?" Cataleya grins cheekily.

Maria chuckles, "Of course my dear! My door and home are always open and welcome to you both."

The girls beam at Maria's hospitality and respond with a gratitude of thanks. Soon the ladies fall into another topic of conversation and shortly after, the ring of the doorbell grabs their attention. Cienna, who was colouring in the living room while watching TV, runs into the kitchen.

"Somebody at the door! Somebody at the door!" Cienna announces.

Everyone laughs at her high pitch excited voice.

Janaé washes her hands from flour residue before she takes Cienna's hand. "Well c'mon princess," She smiles, "Let's go find out who it is!"