Chapter 20

Wow, I reached my short term goal for this book. That goal was to at least update to the 20th chapter before this month ended. I am shocked I did this before the month ended 😳. This is just a chapter introducing some new characters. They are all related to Ashnah somehow.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Within the Chapman's Estate, the sounds of a baby bawling could be heard.

A young woman with silver hair of long beautiful curls that framed either side of her face and the rest was fixed into a stylish elegant up do in the back of her head along with alluring sharp seafoam green eyes and a small beauty mark right under the left side of her red lips made her move.

She was Yvettia Chapman, the wife of Marquess Fateen Chapman, being the daughter of Ansel Allen and Aretha Morley. She was also the niece of the retired Duke Morley, Vincent Morley and the first cousin of the Archduke Morley, Anzor Morley. Her best friend was Tazanna Morley.

She gently picked up her three month old son, sitting on a rocking chair in his nursery while feeding him warm milk from a bottle.

The door of the nursery room opened, the head of a young girl with purplish silver hair popped in to look. "Mother, I heard Himmy crying." Seeing that it was her mother inside, she walked to her and said. This child was the third cousin and best friend of Kalila Morley. Her name was Abila Chapman.

"He was only crying because he was hungry." Yvettia explained, glancing down to her son, Fahim Chapman.

Fahim Chapman was the very reason why Kalila had asked her grandfather and grandmother for a baby brother when they had asked her what she had wished for. She wished for an adorable little sibling like Fahim to love and play with; plus her mother and father would not have to worry anymore about an heir.

Abila smiled as she allowed her little brother to hold her index finger while he drank. "He's so cute as always!" She exclaimed in adoration.

"Of course he is." Yvettia responded. This was the son she had tried so hard for, that she would not simply allow him be taken care of by a nanny or wet nurse. This son was everything within her expectations.

Then Abila's smile dropped as she thought, softly speaking. "Mother you know Lila ..... what is going to happen to the Morley Family?" She inquired.

The child did not want to see her best friend continuing to be sad. She had almost burned off all a commoner's hair who had gossiped, that Kalila was going to be replaced and become an abandoned child, not wanted by her own biological father.

No one would speak such things about her best friend as long as she was around. She had sent him screaming with flames on his head only for him to dive into the water fountain, becoming the joke of many that day.

"You do not need to worry, Bila." Marchioness Chapman comforted with a simple statement. "Even though it may take a longer time since that child was blessed by god, His Majesty, King Cyril will not allow for it to be too long, no matter how close they may be. The Archduke is married to the Archduchess and the dilemmas of their marriage will be fixed even though it seems like they will not. Do not heed any outside chatter or respond to them, understood?"

Abila sighed. "I understand mother."

"Now, when Lila comes over to play make sure you do not mention those things."

••••

Finished with his preparation, he was walked out of the library into it's court yard only to hear an all too familiar perky voice.