New Realization

*Warning:Probably long chap. Flashbacks are italics/bold*

Catra, Adora and Lonnie both sat in a big office where the vice principal had kept them.

"Catra it's been at least two weeks you've been here and in the last two weeks you manage to get into at least six fights." The vice principal sat down in her chair.

Catra crossed her arms and smirked, "What can I say? Your school isn't exactly friendly, Miss Weaver." Ms. Weaver glared at the girl and then looked at Lonnie, "Ms. Davis, you have got to stop going after Ms.Michalka. This little history you two have needs to be put in the past, are we clear?"

Lonnie sighed, "Yes, Ms.Weaver."

"Very well. Now, how on earth did you get into this mess Miss..?"

"Adora Carrero, Mam." Adora said as Ms.Weaver looked at her. "I honestly have no idea, Catra is my roommate, let alone my friend. Lonnie here basically told me to stay away from Catra or I'd have to deal with the consequences." Adora finished.

Ms.Weaver nodded and turned to Lonnie, "Now is this true? Ms.Davis?" Lonnie glared at Adora and sighed, "Yes." Ms.Weaver nodded and looked at Catra, "Were you aware of this? Ms.Michalka?" Catra shook her head, "I wouldn't be surprised."

"Very well. Ms.Davis, if you continue to have these little blow outs again I will have no choice but to suspend you, or maybe expelled you." Lonnie's eyes widen, "Um, yes..Ms.Weaver." Ms.Weaver then looked at Catra, "As for you.." Catra was ready for whatever she was going to throw at her..

..but nothing bad came.

"I will make sure that these homophobic comments never set foot on this campus ever again, terribly sorry for this horrible environment." Ms.Weaver said with a non emotion face. Catra looked at her and nodded, "Um, thank you."

Ms.Weaver nodded and stood up, "Very well, Ms.Davis apologize to Ms. Carrero and you can be on your way. Don't come in here again."

-----

"Adora, I'm so sorry about her. She's bad shit crazy." Catra said as she closed the door from their room. Adora sat on her bed and smiled, "It's okay, I'm just glad everything is all cleared up."

Catra flopped her bed and let out a groan, "Adora.." She muffled, "We need to talk about something.."

Adora looked at her, "Sure, what's up?" Catra stood up and slouch (gay slouch anyways-)

"We need to talk about what happened at the party." Adora looked at her, "Catra, she didn't hurt me or anything-" "I'm not talking about that."

Oh.

"Oh, that." Adora said hugging herself. Catra ruffed with her hair and sighed, "Look I know you aren't gay or anything and we were kinda drunk but.." Catra looked at her, "Adora we almost kissed. Last time I checked straight girls don't kiss other girls even if you're buzzed."

Adora looked down and sighed. She then looked up at Catra, "Catra the truth is...I'm lost. I'm so lost. I don't even know who I am. I'm confused. I've always been confused." Adora stood up and paced around the room. Catra tried not laughing at the poor girl just going in circles, "Adora, you went on a date with a dude a week ago. How'd that go?"

Adora stood still, "Um.."

"Soo, you having a good time?" White shirt dude asked. Adora looked at him and smiled, "Yea, this bowling spot you picked seems nice." White shirt dude got closer to Adora, "Wait to where we are going next."

---

"Um, this is, something?" Adora said as she now stood inside a house party. "Come on, let's find a room so we can be alone." White shirt dude put out his hand. Adora then had an uneasy feeling, "Um, actually I think I'm just going to head home."

"Do you want me to drop you off?"

"No, thanks. I just want to go by myself."

The white shirt dude grabbed her hand, " Can we do this again?" Adora gently got out of his grasp, "Um, it was fun. But I'm not so sure I want to date at the moment."

White shirt dude smiled, "It's alright, my girlfriend would kill me anyways."

Adora gapped like a fish. HUH?!

——

" Oh, wow. What a dick." Catra said propping on her elbow. Adora huffed and sat on her bed, "I'm so confused Catra, I don't know who else to turn to."

Catra looked at the blonde in symphony and stood up, slowly making her way in front of her and kneeled. Catra then put a hand of Adora's knee, "You have me. I know what you went through. It takes time, Adora."

Adora looked at Catra in awe, she was saying everything so softly to her that it made her feel a way she couldn't describe it. Everything Catra said reminded her of what Razz has told her.

"These things take time,"
These things take time,

"And no matter what you decide I'm here for you."
And no matter what you feel I will always be here for you.

Adora smiled, "Thank you Catra, you're a really good friend."

Catra smiled and got up stretching, "Well, I never have the best ways with words. But what can I say? I'm a gay expert." Catra then grabbed a towel, "Well I think I'm just gonna take a shower." Just as Catra headed to the bathroom, Adora stopped her. "Catra, why'd you kiss me?"

Catra smiled, "That's for me to know and for you to decided." She then headed into the bathroom. That's when the tingling feeling of the kiss still lingered on Adora's cheek as she remembered. Adora couldn't put her finger on it.

Why was she so worked up on this?

Why did she want to kiss Catra that night?

Why did she constantly blush the whole time they were at the beach?

Most importantly..

Why didn't she feel that way when she on a date with the guy?

Adora gasped and covered her mouth in shock. She then ran out the door and panicked, "What the fuck?" she murmured. Adora did what she thought of... she ran.

----

"BOW! Why do you have to be so dramatic?!"Glimmer said as she went to go answer a knock on her door. "Look, all I'm saying is that your roommate should have snacks! PROTEIN BARS AREN'T SNACKS!" Bow said searching the mini pantry. "Yea yea, anyways, someone is at the door." Glimmer said as opened the door.

She opened it only to see a panicked Adora, "Adora? Are you okay?What's wrong?" Bow then came to the door, "Adora..You don't look so good." Adora who hugged herself sighed, "Y-You were right.. I shouldn't have been denying it.. I know who I am, I just wish I stopped running away sooner." Adora laughed and walked into Glimmer's room while holding her hair.

Glimmer and Bow exchanged glances. "Adora, are you okay?" Glimmer said starting to worry. That's when Adora collapses to the floor and sobbed. Her two best friends rushed to the side, "Adora! Take deep breaths, tell us what's wrong." Bow said worried.

It was strange to explain it because...they weren't sad tears, they were relieved tears. Adora finally felt..free.

Adora looked up and gave a soft smile and told them.

Adora was 19 when she finally came out.

🌈Until next time