LXVII

The next chapters, starting with this one, are chapters I ideated almost 2 years ago, when I first started the book. You have no idea just how long I've been waiting to FINALLY share them with you.

Also I don't know how you'll take Alison's decision LMFAO

I also published the first chapter of Voyeur a few days ago, so go give it a try if you'd like 🤍

The chapter is over 2K words longer than usual so make mama proud and comment like you did on chapter 65 or I'm screaming 😡

I stared at the Visconti residence with my phone in my hand, wondering, questioning myself and my choices. A slight feeling of nausea lingered inside of me, and I sort of wanted to cry, for I was too overwhelmed. Sadness, anger, fear bubbled beneath the surface, rendering me barely functioning.

After 5 days of radio silence, Lorenzo had texted me, saying that his wife was leaving for 2 weeks to stay with her younger sister as she was close to giving birth to her first child, and that I was welcome to drop by his house to have that talk I'd refused to have the last time we'd seen each other.

It was now the next day and I was in my car with a pair of suitcases packed with 2 weeks worth of clothes, as well as my lotions and other products I used on the daily. What could he do? Turn me away? I was going to kill him.
I took one last deep breath and opened the car door, stepping outside into the hot July air. I closed the door behind me and went to open the trunk, grabbing my two suitcases: a big one for my clothes and shoes, and a smaller one for the rest. Was it extra? I didn't care.

Remember your plan, Ali, don't freak out. I told myself, locking the car and heading towards the gate, pressing the buzzer. Once it opened, I walked up the pathway and arrived at the front door, which was already open.

Lorenzo was waiting for me, clad in a white t-shirt and grey short sweatpants that forced my eyes to look there, even against my better judgment. "Hey— oh, you brought—"

"Yeah, you got a problem with it?" I snapped aggressively, pushing past him and walking inside of the place as if I owned it. Not the attitude, Alison, this isn't what we rehearsed. He deserves it, though.

He closed the door and stared at me, particularly at my low-cut crop top and my super short high waisted white jeans shorts, which I had worn just to remind him of how much of a bad bitch I was. "No, I just wasn't expecting it, I guess." He defended, scratching the back of his head.

I sighed and released my grip on my suitcases, turning around to fully face him. "Listen, Enzo..." I started, using a softer voice, my features relaxing. "I know that we have to talk, and we will, but can we please not do it immediately? Can we just pretend that everything's fine for one week? Can we detach from our lives and spend this week as though it's only the two of us, like in Italy?" A stinging sensation engulfed my eyes, and I pushed back the tears that were starting to form. So much for an attitude. "I'm not clueless, I know that our talk will drastically change this," I gestured between us, my voice almost cracking on the last word. "so let's just enjoy each other the way we would if there weren't any issues. Just this one week." I finished, having to cut it short in order not to burst into tears.