Ch39- Change Your Mind

(Y'all ready for this? Cause sh*t about to go down!!)

Hisoka: Can you survive without your Nen~?

(Y/N): If I can survive your mistakes, I can survive this fight too.

Illumi: We'll just see about that...

Chrollo: I wish you luck;)

(Y/N): I don't need it. Besides, I have something that you'll never have.

Chrollo: Oh, really? And what is that?

(Y/N): The spirit to keep on going.

Author: Oh, yas queen!

(Y/N)'s POV
'I..have to get to..the kids.' I struggle to get up as I feel another wave of pain hit me. I began to make a run for it, but feel something hit the back of my head. I groan and hit hard, face first. I look back at Illumi to see him p*st.

"Why do you care so much about my brother? You don't know anything!" He runs towards me and punches me in the stomach. I wince in pain, but hold it in and punch him back. We begin to have a hand-to-hand combat fight.

Punches and kicks were being thrown. I tried my best to dodge his attacks. "You and Killua lived together for years, doesn't that mean anything?" I get my pocket knife out and clash it against his needles.

"You don't understand the way of assassins. I nearly used him. Now it's over... His usefulness is at an end. And all it took was a needle to the brain." Illumi smirks as I dodge another attack. "He puts his trust in you..and look what you did in return. Abandoning him with spiders."

I land a small cut on his wrist. He grunts and throws another attack. "It's his fault for getting himself into this mess, not mine." I nearly dodge by doing a bridge and kicking Illumi in the chin. "Why do you care so much?"

Illumi stops and stands there in his place. I stand up a glare at him. "I care more about others than I do myself, and I won't let anyone cross my path to hurt them." Illumi rubs his chin in the spot where I kicked him at.

"Then..enlighten me, why would you sacrifice everything to save someone you barely know?" Illumi squints his eyes at me. I rest my hands on my knees and look up at him. "The only question you should be asking is how much are you willing to sacrifice to protect a stranger?"

I stand up and hold my wound. Illumi looks down and holds his head. "Why.? Why are doing this?! Why aren't you hating me for this?! Aren't I a nuisance?!" Illumi yells at me, with his eyes all glossy.

"Because... I trust you." I give him a small smile. He puts down his hands and just stares at me. "I still don't understand why you would trust me after all that I did.?" I walk towards him and raise his chin.

"I've got a dream worth more than my sleep." He sheds a tear and wraps his arm around my torso. "Oh, Illumi.." I put my hand on his head and stroke his hair. "I love you." I smile as he looks up at me.

He stands up and goes in for a kiss. I kiss him back and we stand there for a few minutes. "You should go. There isn't much time before Chrollo returns." Illumi pushes me and backs away. "Right."

I begin to run, but Illumi grabs my hand. "Please, try to persuade Hisoka too. But be careful, it'll be a challenge." I could tell his eyes are telling me something. "A challenge huh?" I smirk and kiss his cheek.

"I'm too much of a daredevil to back down from a challenge." I bid him goodbye and make my way towards the building. I feel my heartbeat becoming soft as I enter the building. I hear a familiar sound and look behind me.

"Inuki, what are you doing here?" I kneel down and pick him up. I see that there's a box tied to his back. I open it to see that it's an outfit with a note attached to it. "Consider this a thank you." -Illumi

I blush and take the outfit out. "Does this look okay?" Inuki barks, motioning me to try it on. I giggle and go to change real quick. "I hope this outfit is fighting material." I look at myself in a shattered mirror.

" I look at myself in a shattered mirror

"Alright, let's do this, Inuki." He jumps on my shoulders and we make a run for it. I turn a corner and go inside large room. "Well, look who it is~" I hear a chuckle and sense something coming my way.

I look to see a card dashing towards me. Just as I was about to dodge it, Inuki catches it with his mouth. I sigh in relief. "Good boy." I pet him and take the card. "Such a smart companion~"

Hisoka rises from the shadows with his shirt off. I look at him weirdly. "Oh, and you don't have to worry about keeping your mouth shut anymore~" He smirks and rips off a rag with his spider number on it.

"So, that's it then... You really just joined the Phantom Troupe to fight Chrollo?" I walk around Hisoka, carefully observing him. "Well, why else would I join the troupe~?" He shrugs his shoulders and follows my moves.

"You know you can't beat him. I've seen that b*tch's full power." Hisoka smiles innocently and shakes his head. "I'm aware, that's exactly why I must fight him~" I scoff and cross my arms. "Why are you so obsessed on fighting against strong opponents?"

He puts his shirt back on and pulls out a card. "Because, my dear~" He shows me the three of hearts and magically switches it to a joker. "The thrill of fighting strong Nen users in tactical battles and near-death experiences is an orgasmic experience for me~"

I stick out my tongue in disgust. I shake my head and get on with the reason why I am here in the first place. "Enough of this." I get out my pocket knife. "And just what are you planning to do with that~?"

He chuckles, thinking that I'm joking around. "Persuasion." I smirk at the thought of what Illumi said to me. I dash towards Hisoka and throw my knife at him. "Nice try~" He gets serious and catches it.

'Diversion, you son of a b*tch.' I appear behind him and kick him hard in the back. I send him a few feet off from where he was standing. "Oh, what a pity." He says in a dark voice and glares at me. "Sixty-five percent.."

He brings out his cards and shoots a deck my way. I deflect them with my knife. 'Oh great.. Just how am I suppose to convince him like I did with Illumi.' I keep deflecting and dodging his attacks, thinking for a solution.

'That's it.. I understand now.' I stop for a moment and stand there frozen in place. "You know, it's painful when you get disappointed by the person you love dearly." Hisoka's eyes widen and stands up tall.

"What do you mean?" He wipes his mouth and glares at me. I internally smirk and begin the process.