{NSFW} Next Big Step - Josuke x Reader

Requested by @SenkusWifey0942

Warnings: This chapter is a big ol' lemon! Feel free to skip it if you're not into that!

~~~~~~

You leaned your head on your husbands shoulder while his arm wrapped around you. The two of you sat on the couch in your home, watching some movie you were paying no attention to. Instead, you had much bigger things on your mind.

You and Josuke had been married for just over two years now, and more than anything you wanted to start a family with him. The two of you had both agreed that you would spend a few years married first before you would add any children to the mix. However, two years was plenty long for you. You just weren't sure if Josuke was ready for that next step, too.

"Hey, Josuke," you said, breaking the silence in the room, save for the sound of the tv.

"Yeah, darling?" Josuke replied. His adorable pet name caused you to blush slightly.

"I was thinking..." you began, tracing your fingers lightly up and down his thigh.

"Yes?" Josuke asked after you let a long pause occur in the conversation.

"I think I want to start trying," you said quietly, your head still resting on his shoulder and looking forward towards the tv.

"Trying what?" Josuke asked, bewildered.

"Trying to have a baby," you replied. Your fingers continued to delicately trace up and down his leg as you left the words to hang in the air.

The silence in the room became overbearing. You were too scared to turn your head and look at Josuke, fearing his reaction might be one of fear or disgust. You simply continued to stare at the movie before you, brushing his thigh with your fingertips.

Suddenly, the movie in front of you switched off. You widened your eyes in surprise and instinctively turned to Josuke, who's mouth hung open in surprise.

"You... you want to..." Josuke stammered, holding the tv remote and looking into your eyes.

You bashfully turned your head away, feeling a heat rise to your cheeks and the top of your ears as embarrassment washed over you. You wanted to reply but you didn't know what to say. Maybe you shouldn't have been so forward about it. After all, having a baby was no small thing.

"(Y/N)," Josuke said, turning your face back to his.

You locked eyes with him, just as shyly as you had on the day the two of you met. You noticed tears brimming in the corners of his blue eyes and fear spread across your face. Had you really made him cry? Was the thought of having a child that terrible to him?

Suddenly, Josuke pulled you into a tight embrace. His arms pinned yours to your sides and you bent your elbows to wrap whatever you could around him and return the hug. He squeezed you tightly, pulling you close to his chest. You could hear his heart pounding and you knew now that those weren't tears of sadness.

Josuke finally released you from the hug and looked deep into your eyes. He gave you a huge smile and you returned it with a cheerful one of your own.

"Nothing on this earth would make me happier than having a baby with you," Josuke said, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Really? You're sure about this?" You asked hesitantly. Josuke chuckled in response, finding it ironic that you had brought this whole thing up and now seemed to be the nervous one.

"I've never been more sure about anything," Josuke replied.

Swiftly, he leaned in and kissed you. After years of kissing this delightful man, the two of you found your perfect rhythm easily. The kiss was gentle and delightful, filled with pure joy. You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer. The two of you pulled apart and rested your foreheads together. Your arms stayed draped around his neck, keeping him close.