Chapter 8: Catch Me If You Can

My eyes widen as I try to peek down the aisle, but Theo pushes me back gently. "Do you realize what this means?"

"No, Theo. I don't." I say honestly.

"It means I have another chance." Theo says excitedly. "I can catch them now for proof, then when I accuse him I can bring the pictures to court."

"Seriously, Theo? You're going to bust them here?"

He glares at me. "Why not?"

That was actually a good question. Something was holding me back and I realized this was much easier when he was doing all the dirty work alone.

"Aw man," Theo shakes his head then gives me a short laugh. "Don't back out on me now. Do you want him caught or not?"

"Will Erin get in trouble?" I ask quietly.

Theo sighs, annoyed. "No. If anything, she will get sympathy."

I nod and look down at my dirty converse. "Yeah, that's true."

"Exactly." Theo says pointedly. "Now give me your new phone, mine ran out of battery."

"About that... I didn't use your new phone. I won't accept a gift like that. I don't care how rich you are, I'm not going to mooch off of you. Now come on," I hand him my older phone and when I look up at him, he's staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says after looking away and walking toward the end of the aisle.

I shrug and walk after him. I peek my head around his shoulder and see Oliver and Erin giggling and laughing with each other. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful Erin looked tonight. She was wearing a long gown with her hair in a bun on her head, loose curls grazing her neck. Oliver looked even more handsome from when I first met him, although I wasn't really that surprised.

They looked so out of place here, it was almost funny how this is where they were going to get caught.

"What are we waiting for?" I whisper.

Theo pulls me back around from our spot and looks down at me. "We have to wait until they actually kiss."

I nod. "Got it. Okay."

We peek back around and there they are. Erin takes a donut box and pulls out a white powdered donut. "I know this will make a huge dent in your bank account, but it's worth it. I promise." Erin laughs and takes a large bite so there is power all over her face. Oliver has stopped his constant laughter and just looks at her. Erin was still giggling with the white powder all over her face and Oliver reaches over to cup her cheek in his hand. "You're beautiful," he says and she blushes.

"I have power all over my face." She argues quietly.

He leans over to kiss her-

"Do you two need help with anything?"

I was so startled by the store clerk's voice, I yelp then jump back and crash right into Theo.

"Shit," He grunts as he crashes into a shelf and the shelf of food goes tumbling down to the ground with us. My phone hit the hard tile and easily shattered.

"No!" I yell without thinking and Theo instantly presses a hand against my mouth. He pulls me up swiftly and switches his hand from my mouth to my arm.

"We need go," Theo says in a harsh voice.

I look at him then notice over his shoulder Oliver rounding the corner. Theo either notices the fear on my face or he was just planning on bolting anyway. It doesn't matter, because he pulls me along with him as he runs across all the aisles of the food store. "Where is the exit again?" He asks and I just shake my head. "I wasn't paying attention-"