Chapter 1

Bella's POV:

RING, RING, RING goes my alarm blaring through my entire room. Just 5 more minutes and then I'll get up, I think to myself. RING, RING, RING.

"You little ungrateful shit! If you don't turn off that annoying son of a gun right now, you're gonna hope to god that you were never born!" my lovely father screams out.

"Welp... guess no more sleep for me" I sigh as I attempt to get out of my bed. Key word attempt. I fall due to the painful bruises littering my entire stomach. I was late coming home yesterday due to traffic and got a beating of a lifetime. I didn't cry though, there would be no point. It's not like anyone can save me now, the damage is already done. I attempt to get out of bed again, this time I gratefully succeed and start getting ready for the day. I start by taking a cold shower. Father doesn't allow me to use the hot water because he says it's only for him. Next I brush my teach and put makeup all around my bruises so no one sees them. Lastly, I do my hair into a loose bun and put on my outfit.

Bella's outfit

Bella's outfit

I grab my bag and rush down the stairs accidentally knocking over a vase in the process. Oh shit I think in my head. Seconds later I hear the loud thumping of my fathers feet. The same thumping that gives me nightmares every night.

"WHAT DID YOU DO! YOU BRAT THAT WAS MY MOTHERS VASE" He screamed into my face.
"It was an accident, I- I swear" I cursed at myself for stuttering.
He then stalked towards me. Making me tumble back into the stairs in the process. He grabs me by the hair and pulls me toward the kitchen.
"Bad girlsss always deserve a punisshment don't you agree sweetitepie" he slurred out, his disgusting breath filled with alcohol hitting my face like a semi truck. That feeling made me want to gag. He grabbed the kitchen chair and threw it at my leg. A yelp of pain escaped my mouth. This caused him to smile into a some sort of satisfaction. He then grabbed me by the chin and looked me dead in the eyes saying the words "daddy loves you sweetiepie" and then walks away as if nothing ever happened. I then hear a honk outside telling me my ride was here. I stumble up and grab the counter for support and limp all the way to the front door. Grabbing my backpack, I walk toward the car. My best friend Spencer jumps out of the car and carries me all the way to the passenger side. Concern was evident on his pretty little face.

"Bella we should really tell someone about this, I can't live with the fact that my best friend is going through so much abuse. You can always live with me and my family. They won't mind, besides I'm pretty sure mom and dad love you more than me." I chuckle in response.

"Spenser I'm gonna be 18 in 5 more months, that's what I always say to myself. Just 5 more months and then I'm free. Then I can move to California and get a house near you. And besides your moving tomorrow, I want you to have fun in California and make loads of friends. But don't you dare forget about your bestie!" I say to him giving him a firm look, daring him to oppose. He just gives me a cheecky grin and says "how can I forget about the girl that I stole a red crayon from in kindergarten and then you got revenge at me by throwing up into my backpack during recess" he says while laughing. By now my cheeks were flaming hot peppers. "Shut up" I say and smack him across his chest. I then turn up the radio to our favourite song Low by Flow-Rida. For the rest of the ride we sang our hearts out. Soon we screeched to a stop at our own kingdom of hell... school.

We got out of the car and both of us put on our emotionless faces. We were known as the badboy and badgirls of the town. We were feared by all and didn't give a shit about anyone other than each other. I put on my sunglasses and stroll down the halls. Spencer's locker was right next to mine meaning we went down the hall together. People parted ways to let us through. Honestly I didn't know a single person at this school, not a single name and I preferred it that way. The people close to you leave anyways. We both got our books and headed off to our first class. Well we were headed off to class but were a bit caught off guard by the sudden event that took place. Some dipshit tried to slap my ass. Key word tried. I grab him my the arm and smash him against the lockers. This caused Spencer to punch him across the face about 5 times. And beat the living shut out of him. Around then he passed out and we carried him into an empty supply closet. He won't be getting out for a while now.

What... we have a reputation to uphold. 😂😂
We then headed off to first period. We may be bad but studies always come first. I couldn't help it so I slammed the door open with my foot. I can feel Spencer rolling his eyes at me from behind so I give him the beautiful bird and flip him off.

"Ahh Esposito, Johnson I was wondering when you two were gonna grace me with your presence" my teacher Mrs. Smith stated with an eye roll. I give her a smirk and reply with "I'm touched that you longed to see us again, I assume you can't get enough of these good looks" she sighs and tells us to just go sit in our seats. Me and Spencer walk to the back of the class and sit in our designated seats. We were put beside each other obviously and started talking about his plans in California cause no one actually listens to stuff in math.

The thing that happened next was something that I was definitely not expecting.

What will happen next?