Chapter 40

Ava's POV

I felt something poking me on my arm. I heard somebody call out my name but couldn't focus on the voice. It was as if something is pulling me into a deep sleep. I tried so hard to pry my eyes open but they won't cooperate. I heard my name being called again. C'mon. I said urging my body. Finally, my eyes opened. I saw Nate's worried face before me. Then I looked around the place we are in and panicked. It was an unfamiliar dimly lit room, dirty and clammy.

"Ava. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Where are we?" I managed to ask. I was beginning to feel dizzy again.

"My head," I said.

"Fuck! They drugged you. Ava focuses on my voice and try to stay awake. I need your help untying us." He said.

I didn't even notice that our hands are tied and I was too tired to reprimand him for swearing in front of Alex. Alex! My body jolted at the thought of him. Then I saw him laying on my thighs. He appeared to be sleeping.

"Did they drug Alex too?" I asked in a panic.

"No, no. It's was me." He said.

"What!"

"No, I meant I relaxed his muscles a bit. He is in deep sleep." He explained.

"Oh, since when are you a chiropractor?" I asked.

"I have some skills." He said smiling sheepishly.

"Ava listen to me. I have a knife in my back pocket. I need you to retrieve it." he said getting serious again.

I shifted closer to him with great difficulty and took out the knife. My body had a mind of its own and now moving a muscle was tough.

"What is with these men drugging me all the time?" I said angrily as I pulled out the knife reminiscing the time Amadeo had kidnapped me. Nate didn't dare to comment on that. He focused on untying my hands and carefully took Alex in his arms.

"Can you get up? Try to move slowly," he said.

I did what he said and stood up holding the wall for support. My legs were still wobbly.

"How will we get out of here?" I asked.

"I have signaled Rossi. Hopefully, he gets it and if he doesn't, I'll figure something out about getting you out," he said.

I leaned against the wall for a second my eyes threatening to close. Suddenly the doorknob made a rattling noise and I jerked up grabbing Nate's arm. Nate's body tensed up as he stepped in front of me. The door opened and he relaxed. I looked over his shoulder and saw him. Amadeo!

Amadeo's POV

I exited the jet and rushed towards the car that was waiting for me. I dialed a number.

"Mr. Rossi. We are on our way. Bocelli doesn't have much manpower; we will take him in as soon as we head in." the voice said.

"I'm already there. I cannot risk their safety. Bocelli is already furious he would stop at nothing to hurt Nathaniel or his sister." I said my heart skipped a beat at the thought of her.

"Our helicopters have already landed. They are right behind you," he said.

"Fine. But his arrest needs to be done and end this fiasco once and for all." I said cutting off the call.

Fuck! These few months have been nothing but torture. Staying away from her after hurting her the worst possible way. I was waiting for the right moment to go to her but Bocelli got to her first. He has yet again dared to touch what's mine. I am going to kill him with my bare hands before the FBI even gets to him. The car comes to a stop and I fly out of the door. With my gun in hand, I signal the additional men to spread out around the building. I carefully searched as I went in through empty space and eventually reached a door. I placed my ear to the door and heard some voices. Aiming the gun, I opened the door and entered. There I saw Nathaniel with little Alex in his arms and Ava right behind them. I exhaled a breath of relief seeing them safe for now. Nathaniel visibly relaxed but my blood boiled seeing him.