• 103 •

“Stay behind here with Xue, Hana,” Cecil slowly leaned the unconscious man on her shoulder onto Hana. “I’ll scout ahead first.” 

“Okay.”

Cecil took a few steps forward and Hana bit on her lower lip, feeling worried.

“Cecil!” 

“Hmm?” 

“Be careful.”

Cecil smiled at Hana, nodding her head. 

She proceeded into the hidden cave room, the lantern creaked slightly as she swung it around the area. She could see the mounted torches on the wall, but they were not lit up. 

Someone was really using this cave after all.

Two people flickered past her mind, one a certain blue-haired devil along with another demon with violet-black hair. 

Cecil furrowed her eyebrows, pausing in her steps as she grew cautious. 

Why would they be down here? Making a temporary shelter for themselves? 

Unfortunately, Cecil had limited knowledge about Death’s Edge and she knew nothing about this place or what it has. Be it from the flora or fauna or whether anyone could possibly survive down here. 

In the first place, can the flora and fauna even thrive down here? 

Shaking her head to herself, she continued onwards and that was when she saw something in the distance. 

It was a figure, a man, chained to the cavern walls. 

Cecil staggered back as she dropped the lantern in shock. 

Hana heard a loud clattering noise. 

“Cecil?!” she gasped, hurrying forward as fast as she could while carrying the ash blonde-haired man with her. 

The lantern slowly rolled across the cold, hard ground towards the direction of the man chained to the wall. 

The raven-haired woman was frozen stiff as she watched the man move his head to meet her eyes. His sharp eyes, one greyish-black while the other a crimson red, were narrowed and he opened his thin, chapped lips. 

His tanned, lean body was decorated with scars, along with his face and Cecil found it a pity that a sculpted face with a prominent jawline had actually been scarred. Moreover, his body was well-built and its attractiveness has been dulled by the numerous scars too. 

His copper brown hair, straight and long, cascaded down his back. Though, due to being trapped in here for decades, his hair lacked lustre and he was extremely unkempt. 

What surprised even Cecil more were the wings on his back, one side was clearly one that belonged to an angel, while the other was a demon. If they weren’t torn in such a manner, Cecil was sure it would have been a beautiful sight to witness. 

The handsome man moved his lips, but no words came out and his eyes narrowed even further.

Nonetheless, his actions did not give off any hostility.

Cecil observed the table in front of her with embalming tools that were covered in blood and she frowned. She glanced back at the man, an inkling on what exactly happened to this...half angel and half demon. She hastily picked up her lantern and shuffled forward, her voice soft as she remained vigilant. 

“Who…” she started to ask, trailing off when a notification popped up in front of her eyes. 

[ Mission #9: The Hidden Room in the Cave
Objective completed! ]