.30

STILL
"
HYPERSPACE"

NATALIA SAT beside the child while the Mandalorian and Cara arm wrestled for the third time since they'd entered hyperspace

NATALIA SAT beside the child while the Mandalorian and Cara arm wrestled for the third time since they'd entered hyperspace. The ugnaught, Natalia had learned is named Kuiil, sat beside his Blurgs behind them. From what Natalia gathered it didn't take much to get Kuiil on board but at the same time she wouldn't know for sure. She was stuck putting the child to sleep while the Mandalorian talked to him.

"I got you Mando." Cara said as the two struggled to pin the others arm down.

"Care to double the bet?" The Mandalorian challenged.

"You two are ridiculous." Natalia said as she shook her head slightly. "You've been doing this for hours."

"Best out of three." Cara said with a small smirk.

The two continued to grunt at they fought to win. Natalia found it completely stupid but she had to admit it was quite entertaining at the same time. But her amused stare quickly turned into that of confusion as she noticed Cara's eyes beginning to widen. 

"Cara?" Natalia asked, concern lacing her tone. Cara suddenly sucked in a gasp as she removed her hand from the Mandalorian's. Natalia's eyes began to widen as Cara began gasping for air, her hands now clawing at her neck. "Cara?!" Natalia asked as she jumped up from her chair.

The instant Natalia rose from her chair she suddenly felt...cold. She could sense it, feel it in the air as it surrounded her. It was something she hadn't felt in awhile, not since... Realization suddenly hit Natalia like a truck. The Mandalorian had seemed to catch on too as he looked between Cara and the child, slowly putting two and two together.

"Hey, no!" Natalia turned to the child who was glaring at Cara with his hand out towards her in a fist. "No, no! Stop!" Natalia yelled as she picked up the child. Cara took a loud intake of air, her body slumping forward onto the table as she did. "No." Natalia scolded the child with a stern look as the Mandalorian stood up beside her.

"We're friends." He said. "Cara is my friend."

"Are you alright?" Natalia turned to Cara who was breathing heavily.

"That is not okay!" Cara yelled as she pointed at the child.

"It's a child, it doesn't know right from wrong yet." Natalia tried to justify the child's actions, but she knew ultimately Cara was right. That was not okay. How the child even knew how to do that was beyond Natalia but she wouldn't allow it to happen ever again.

"Hmm, very curious." Kuiil said as he stood at Natalia's side.

"Curious? It almost killed me!" Cara yelled.

"The story you told of the mudhorn now makes more sense." Kuill said as he looked over to the Mandalorian. 

"What is it?" The Mandalorian asked.

"What it is, I don't know. But what it does, this...this I've heard rumors of." Kuill explained.

"What when you worked for the Empire?" Cara shot.

"When I was sold to the Empire, in indentured servitude!" Kuill corrected, obviously angry at Cara's accusations.

"Yet somehow, you walk free." Cara spat as she stood up from her chair.

"Enough." Natalia spoke sternly as she stared at the two. "It doesn't matter what side you were on anymore! The war is over. The Empire, the Rebellion, they're gone, both of them."

"How could you even say that?" Cara asked as she glared at Natalia. "You were a leader, a general." 

"The choice wasn't his to make. He was sold." Natalia matched Cara's glare.

"So then tell me how he's walking free."

"I bought my freedom through the skill of my hands and the labor of three of your human lifetimes. Do not cast doubt upon that of what I am nor whom I shall serve."

"Tell you what." The Mandalorian broke the tension that had formed in the room. "I could really use your craft work right now." He gestured towards the container the child had previously sat in. "Can you pad this container so the child can sleep better?"

"I shall fabricate a better one." Kuiil nodded. "Then perhaps this Dropper can see how one can win their freedom with the skill of one's hands." 

A small sigh ran past Natalia's lips as she placed the child down in it's makeshift bed. This was going to be a long flight and Natalia didn't believe she had the tolerance to put up with it.