Elias 4.1

He did say he wanted to face Athanasia in equal standing and he was aware that the princess did not have the power or influence right now but that did not mean that he would be pleased to hear that Felix was assigned to be Athanasia's temporary royal knight.

He regretted mentioning to Claude about how Athanasia needed a royal knight. He never expected for Claude to send Felix. Elias tried to suggest someone else but Claude was having none of it.

Elias sulked as he did assignment for tactics lesson but even so, he could not concentrate. The thought of Felix and Athanasia smiling and laughing together made his chest feel like it was suffocating and burning. Anger just seemed to boil his entire body.

Once he was done his assignment, he dropped his pen and ran to his bed room, the room Claude was still sharing with him.

He pushed the door open and trotted towards the bed. He jumped and sent his body fly and drop against the soft blankets.

There was a knock.

"Your highness, you should close the door if you wish to sleep."

Elias heard Nikolas voice. His aide was by the doorway with his knuckles on the doorframe and the other hand busy carrying a tray of tea.

"Mm."

The prince halfheartedly responded and kicked his shoes off his feet. He later tangled himself with the blankets.

"Nikolas... I think I am sick..."

Nikolas blinked a few times in confusion.

"Your highness?"

The aide called out hoping to get further details.

"I am sick, Nikolas. Please do me a favor and call for Felix or Dad."

"That won't be necessary."

Elias's ears perked at the familiar voice and poked his head out of the blankets. He saw Claude approach the bed and sat by the edge and waved a hand at Nikolas to dismiss him before hiding his head back into the blankets.

The prince's aide did not say much and bowed before leaving. His job was completed after all. He had set the table for tea.

Once the door closed and father and son were the only ones in the room, Claude moved his hand and affectionately tussled with the prince's hair.

"Now, what sickness has taken over my son."

Elias huffed at the sarcasm. He turned his back to Claude.

"It's called lovesickness, dad. People can die from it."

The emperor narrowed his eyes as he gathered his son in his arms.

People could die from lovesickness? How absurd.

"You are not dying."

Elias pout out his lips.

Maybe it was wrong to give Athanasia some power so he could fight her. The only reason he wanted to be the same standing as her was only because he wanted her to know that even if she gave her all, she would still lose and accept that fact without feeling any regret.

If Elias had given Athanasia no chance then it would be a pain to deal with her when she came back with some power and thought that she could defeat Elias.

It was better to put her in her place when she was still a child.

But Elias was starting to regret that decision. Claude's attention was starting to divide and his time with Felix had lessen.

Had Athanasia inherited her mother's charm magic? But her eyes were not pink so it was highly unprovable but not impossible.

Another reason why Elias did not like Athanasia was because she was the daughter of Diana. Even if the princess was not directly at fault, she was still the main reason why the dancer had tried to kill Elias.

Elias turned to look at his father.

Claude was unaware that Diana was the one who threw him in the lake and Elias did not have the heart to tell him that the one he loved dearly tried to kill the prince.

Claude had suffered enough. Not only did he lose Chrysanthos, who seemed like Claude kept very close to his heart even after Chrys's death, he also had the heavy burden to lead a country.

He may have turned a bit of a tyrant but he was only a tyrant for a good cause.

"Of course I won't die. I'll freeze before I die from your now divided attention! Oh, Romeo, please melt me with your warm love!"

Elias dramatized as he threw his head back and had the back of his hand on his forehead.

Claude stared blankly at "dying" Elias in his arm.

Seeing there was no reaction from Claude, Elias slightly lifted his head to steal a glance at Claude.

Flinching when he realized that Claude was blankly watching him, Elias "died" again in haste.

The emperor could not help but smile at his son's silliness. He brought his son close.

Who had he inherited this silliness from? Most likely from Chrys since he did like to joke around. How adorable... how lovable...

His free hand moved Elias's hand away and his lips met Elias's forehead.

Elias giggled in respond.

"Has your lovesickness been melted?"

Claude asked. There was amusement hanging in his tone.

"Oh no! My heart fell blindly in love with my prince charming again!"

The room was filled with giggles and chuckles.

***

Elias glared at Lykos and the Jarvis heir blankly stared down at Elias. Nour smiled as he enjoyed his tea.

They were currently at the garden and having their own tea party. Their servants stood around him as their swallowed down their nervousness, and fought back to clean the cold sweat dripping from their temple.

Nikolas was having a hard time himself that he could not stop his body from shaking.

"Nour, Lykos... hope that you are both ready..."

Elias called out as his eyes narrowed.

"Of course, your highness."

Lykos responded dutifully.

"There is nothing for you to worry about my friend."

Nour reassured Elias.

"I won't be easy on both of you just because you are my best of friends."

Elias warned them.

"I would not expect any less from you, your highness."

Lykos nodded and his body tensed.

"I will say that right back at you."

Nour chuckled.