32

Warning! Proceed without a heart.

[6 Years ago]

Sound of splashing water in the puddle disturbed the silence of the night. It was a little drizzle with the bone chilling wind. The thunder would soon join, highlighting the eeriness.

Wang Zhuocheng was trying his best to keep his heavy eyes open. The blood oozed out, trickling like the rain fall. His body was marked with the blue and red blotches of wounds that were recently created.

Silently he prayed that his brother was not caught.

The previous night, Wang Zhuocheng was returning home from his prep school. The college entrance exams were far but the Jiangs liked to be prepare before-hand.

His peaceful mind was disturbed when a man older than him approached him, but what made a scowl appear on his face was that he recognized him. Zhuocheng didn't deem him worth his time and carried out his route. But what he said next made him halt not just his steps but his world.

"ZhanZhan is in danger!" The man was panting terrible, he looked like he had run here.

"What do you mean by that, Mr. Wang Hao Xuan?" Zhuocheng asked astonishingly calm.

"ZhanZhan! Where is he?!" Wang Hao Xuan asked, his face pale. It lost colors when his friend told him that they had made their move – asked him to protect Xiao Zhan.

"Explain." Zhuocheng demanded. He was no longer the child who was afraid of him.

"PengPeng...he said, Xiao Zhan is in danger! Please tell me he's inside the mansion safe and sound."

Zhuocheng turned towards the man, raising an eyebrow he asked,

"How would I believe that It's not another way for you to torment him?"

Wang Hao Xuan was wonder-struck. It was true that he used to bully Xiao Zhan along with Nyle Feng and He Peng but even so, they had a reason.

"I know what we did was wrong and you don't want to trust me. But I swear he's in danger. You have to believe me this time!" The desperation was dripping out of his tongue. If Wang Hao Xuan could turn back time, he would do things differently. Even so, they were just children afraid of outside world.

Zhuocheng looked at his watch, his tone didn't shift carrying the same coldness he questioned,

"You have a minute to explain and get out of my sight."

A minute was too little, Wang Hao Xuan gulped and took the chance.

"PengPeng's father...He's been after Xiao Zhan for some time now. We have been trying our best to distract him but he has finally sent out his men to find him."

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

"Why is he after Zhan gege? Does his father also want the company and kill his uncle now?!" Zhuocheng's tone turned icier, even the winter would be less cold.

It was true that He Peng killed Liu Tingyu and that was the reason he was now in jail now. Wang Hao Xuan visited him and that's when he told him that his father, Xiu Qing had successfully completed his lab and his next step would be gathering the victims.

"Not his uncle, but him! –PengPeng's father wants to kill him! You gotta believe me!"

"The minute is over, get lost." Zhuocheng didn't let the elder speak any further and reached back his mansion.