7

The senior class entered the sports center's auditorium six hours early to prepare. Yes, six. We were now beginning the fifth hour when the principal stopped so we could sit down. "We'll be having a guest singer for us. This was completely last minute, but his offer is very much helpful and we are forever grateful. Ladies and gentlemen, be polite when he comes down...Harry Styles."

My heart stopped. The girls audibly gasped and it seemed like the air got sucked from my lungs. "HARRY. HARRY. HARRY. HARRY. HARRY." I bothered. He walked out from the long hallway players would enter through from the dressing rooms. He adjusted his glittered suit and ran his hand through his hand before waving at us all. The principal shook his hand and Harry adjusted the microphone box in his back pocket. "Hi, guys! I'm proud of you all. Congratulations on making it to the highway. You've traveled the main road this far. What are you going to do now?" He began his speech. I bit the bottom of my lip. It felt like something unlocked in my chest.

I thought back to psychology class. There were levels to this relationship thing and I think we found a new skill. But what was it? We can talk to one another. Should I test it? My heart pounded.

"Harry?" I whispered under my breath. Harry Styles stopped talking for a brief second. "Sorry, I thought I heard something," he excused. "It's him," I whispered to Parker. His jaw dropped. "You're ignoring me."

"I'm trying to speak, Braelynn."

"Why'd you lie?"

He ignored the question and continued. "Whenever you walk on stage, Harry'll shake your hand. After the ceremony is over and all students have been called, Harry here will gladly talk to a collective few of you that your teachers have chosen. We're going to run through our speeches in a few minutes." The principal said. Harry turned off his microphone and began walking down the hall. "Harry," I whispered louder. Still nothing.

I grabbed Parker's arm. "We need to find Anna."
-

"No way. You need to talk to him. Go see if you can use the bathroom." Anna told me. I ran to the principal and she excused me. I ran to the doors of the locker room and towards the family bathroom. "Harry, please just say something," I begged. "No." He thought. "You leave me no other choice then."

I chose talk

I chose talk. "Braelynn, are you joking? I told you no. It isn't safe." He said. Harry's voice was sweet like honey and had a thick British accent. He sounded nervous and upset, making his voice rougher than what it was outside. "Too late now. It isn't like I would tell anyone. Why would I? I'll let you listen to my thoughts if you're really that worried, Harry, but you won't enjoy my constant asshole remarks." I scoffed. "Don't tell anyone, Braelynn...what do you look like? What row are you in?" He asked me. "Row 34. I'm the one with Steve Harvey on her cap." I laughed. "Steve Harvey?..." He joined in the laughing fit.

"I need to go back out there. I'll give your hand three taps when we meet on stage." I promised. "That's smart. I'll see you out there." He praised. I walked back out to the seats.