8

"Alexa Miller...Baxter Miller...Braelynn Miller."

I walked up the stage for practice and shook hands. We weren't allowed to hold our diploma until the real thing so we used empty envelopes. I got down to Harry, who's eyes glistened under the stage light. We interlocked hands and I used my thumb to triple-tap him. He smiled discreetly. "Nice to meet you, Braelynn." He told me, just like the rest. "You too, Harry."

I walked off of the stage and around all the chairs to get back to my seat. His eyes followed me, then went back to the upcoming student. My heart was full and buzzing with excitement. It wasn't so much as my soulmate being a celebrity as the fact that we were in the same building and face to face. It felt weird listening to the girls talk about their boyfriends and my soulmate, who I just met, being so far away.

Now we just wait until after the ceremony.
-

The stadium was packed. Somewhere in the stands were my parents and brother, I hope. I wanted to look around, but we weren't allowed to leave the locker room. We began filing up. Last names starting with A, B, A, and so on. "You ready?" Baxter asked. I shook my head. "Are you?"

He shook his head as well. "Fuck, Harry, I'm so nervous. They showed us the amount of people out there on a monitor and my stomach dropped." I thought. "Deep breaths. Just think; you get through this, then we can talk. Were you selected?" He questioned. "Yeah, by Mrs. Gentry. But I have to get through a three-hour ceremony, sitting in a chair, before I can see you up close. Your eyes are beautiful by the way." I complimented.

"Thank you, love." He spoke. "Drink some water, your voice sounds raspy," I told him. "I've been rehearsing. I think people are starting to come in."

I looked at the shortening line. "You'd think correctly." I sighed. Everyone straightened up the gown and cap, starting to panic. I tapped my thigh eagerly until M's finally filed out and stepped into the spotlight. I looked up at the people and felt as nauseous as ever. Harry must have made a choice because my head whipped back down so I stopped looking. We sat down and waited for the others to join.
-

"Braelynn Miller." The principal called. I walked up, gnawing on the inside of my cheek. I smiled and shook hands with a few teachers. I then took my diploma and approached Harry. "Congratulations." He told me, tapping my hand three times with his thumb. I smiled. "Thank you, Mr. Styles," I smirked and walked down. "No no, I wasn't doneeee." He whined. "I can't be up there for a long time, Harry. I'll see you in about an hour." I promised.

One hour. Will I be able to hug him? What can we can and can not say? I looked down at my diploma. I did it. I really completed 12 years of school. I couldn't be more prouder of myself.