Woman

30th of September 2017

"So, are you happy with the yellow suit with the black shirt for tonight?" I asked Harry as I scanned through the rack of suits and shirts.

"Yep."

"Are you sure, because I mean, we have options," I laughed as I gestured towards the suit rack and Harry just looked at me with no emotion on his face, which made me sick to my stomach.

"Yep, I am sure," Harry mumbled and I sighed because he had been acting like a moody, little bitch of a teenager towards me for the last two days and it was starting to get on my nerves. I knew it had something to with Jasper and myself, I just was not sure what it was, which irritated me to no ends.

"Okay, I don't usually pry, but what is wrong Harry?" I asked him as he looked down and avoided all eye contact with him.

"It's nothing," he mumbled and I groaned internally at how he was acting. In all our years of friendship, we had never had a fight, big or small before, and even if we bickered, it was usually about what movie we wanted to watch or what shoes he should wear for the night.

"Well, clearly it isn't nothing," I snapped and he looked up, clearly looking hurt at how harsh that I was being towards him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap, but you have been acting weird towards me for the past two days and I want to know if something is wrong."

We were the only two in the dressing room, with the band getting ready to go on stage and Ruby and James were currently talking to Jeff about something important for the upcoming shows. The door was closed but I was still afraid to have a yelling match with him because our friendship has never been like that and I do not think either of us ever thought it would be like that.

"It is nothing Anna, help me get into my suit I have curtain in ten minutes," he snapped and I was taken aback at the tone of his voice but I decided to drop it as I handed him the suit and shirt off the rack, letting him put on the suit as I sat on the vanity until he asked for my help, which he never did.

"You all good?" I asked and he looked up, as we both stared at each other for what seemed like hours until he finally spoke.

"I am jealous," he mumbled so quietly that I thought that I did not hear him right.

"Pardon?" I asked, absolutely stunned at his confession.

"I am jealous, okay!" he yelled and I was so thankful for the fact that nobody else was around, as I think they would have been just as confused as I was. "Seeing you with Jasper and you leaving with him, I don't know, made me feel fucking jealous I guess."

"What?" I asked, absolutely dumbfounded at his confession, but before either of us could say anymore, Jeff was barging into the room and pulling Harry out as he had to be on stage in less than a minute.

"Everything all good in here Anna?" he asked as I sat on the vanity, still taken aback by Harry's confession of him being jealous about Jasper and me.

"Yeah all good Jeff, I'll be out there in a minute."

"Great, see you in a moment," he said with a smile and a wave, closing the door behind him before I was left to my own devices.

"What the actual fuck," I mumbled to myself, running a hand through my already disgustingly messy hair before jumping off the vanity and grabbing my phone as I slowly made my way to where Ruby and James were, both of them laughing about something but they stopped when they saw the look on my face.

"Anna, babe, what's wrong?" Ruby asked and I suddenly felt very small and awkward around my two best friends, who have always made me feel nothing but special and alive.