65

"I can't believe that I totally had forgotten about you after that day."

Yoongi sighed, his eyes stuck on the framed note. He glanced over his notebook beside the frame on the table.

Opened up to one particular page where its corner was torn.

Matched the framed one.

That day when I first saw you on the stage, I thought to myself, 'I've seen her before.' And then I realized, how could I forget about my first love?

This rapid heartbeat. The last time it was rapid like this... was when I held you in my arms for the first time.

Seeing you after years, I thought I was dreaming. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. But as I heard you spoke your name...

Park Hyun Ae. A name that rang the bell in my mind from a distant memory. But I still wasn't sure at that time. That it was you.

But the shop. The shop was the answer to my question.

When I first saw the scar, I went speechless. I thought... 'is it her? Is it really her from the past? That same girl? The young one who had bought the shop?'

He let out another heavy sigh, as he leaned back against the chair and stared at the ceiling of the home studio.

You told me your savior was your first love. Not knowing that he was right there beside you all the time.

"Ugh... this is so frustrating," Yoongi mumbled, placing back the note into the drawer before he left the studio and the room.

Suddenly he heard a soft cry. Followed by quick sobs.

"Hyun Ae," he whispered, immediately made his way back to the sofa where she was sleeping, and found her crying in her sleep.

He placed his hand on her shoulder and slowly shook her.

"Hyun Ae? Wake up," he softly called out, and it was enough to wake her up. He sat down on the spot next to her as she sat up and leaned back. "Why are you crying?"

"I... I..." she muttered, hugging herself when actually she needed a hug from anyone else.

She let out a shaky breath, trying to calm herself down. And that was when Yoongi opened his arms for her.

He nodded to her before she scooted closer to him and hugged him as she whispered, "I had a bad dream."

"It was just a dream. Don't worry," Yoongi spoke, patting the back of her head softly as she continued.

"Not only Namjoon... but all of you. All of you are going to leave me because I did something..."

"Don't take it seriously, please," he continued to assure her. "Let me make you something for lunch."

"Lunch? But it's still... 11."

"I don't care. Plus, I want to cook and serve the world-class chef then let her evaluate my cooking."

Hyun Ae giggled, as she moved away from him and began to fold her blanket neatly. "World-class, pfft... I haven't reached that level yet. I'm just a chef," she explained shyly.

"Certified and graduated from a world-class academy."

"Fine. I'll be waiting for the dish," Hyun Ae said, standing up as she tied up her hair.

"Get yourself ready while you're waiting because, after lunch, I'm taking you out," Yoongi told her, rolling up his sleeves as he walked towards the kitchen.

"What? Don't you think that... rumors..."

"I don't care about that anymore. If people are going to leak about us, let them be. Right now, I just want you to feel okay and happy. I know that not having Namjoon around had made you sad," he smiled, tilting his head to one side as Hyun Ae looked at him standing beside the prep area, ready to make something.