sixteen | jin from the teashop

It was a quieter morning in the tea shop, only a few regulars came in at this time. Mari was putting away clean cups behind the counter, while Iroh was making tea besides her. Coming into this job, she figured it would be boring and energy wasting. But she now found it sort of fun, and relaxing in a way. Most of the customers were nice and she even knew some of the regulars by name. Except for one though. She was a pretty girl, ordered the same lychee tea everyday, and would tip extra whenever Zuko served.

Probably not a coincidence.

"We have a problem." Zuko whispered setting an empty tray down on the counter. Both Iroh and Mari turned to Zuko "One of the costumers is on to us. Don't look now, but there was a girl over there at the corner table. She knows we're Fire Nation." Simultaneously, Mari and Iroh both turned their heads to the corner table.

"Didn't I say don't look?" He grabbed Iroh's arm, pulling him to look away.

"You're right, Zuko. I've seen that girl in here quite alot. Seems to me like she has quite a little crush on you." Iroh smiled.

"What?" Zuko gasped, turning to Mari as if wanting to know from a girl's perspective if this was true.

Mari only shrugged her shoulders with a laugh.

"Thank you for the tea." Said a voice.

The three turned around to see the girl from earlier behind them, money in her hand. And per usual, an extra tip.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"My name is Lee. My uncle and I just moved here."

Thanks for mentioning me, Zuko.

"Hi Lee, My name's Jin." She smiled.

Iroh poured tea for Mari, pretending to be unaware of the conversation. Mari brought the cup to her lips, an amused grin on her face.

"Thank you, and well. I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime." Jin asked.

Mari choked on her tea, stifling a laugh.

"He'd love to!" Iroh said butting in.

"Great! I'll meet you in front of the shop at sundown." She exclaimed before leaving.

---

"Uncle, No!" Zuko yelled from the closet as Iroh tried to force a pair of ugly green pants on him.

Mari got up when things when silent, hoping Zuko hadn't killed his uncle. She knocked on the closet door, and it slid open reveling Zuko in tightly fitted pants with an ugly look on his face. Mari fell to the floor in laughter.

"Oh god, Iroh, I'll handle this one." She said eyeing the other options Iroh had set aside, all more questionable than the next. "Alright." She tapped her chin as she looked through the clothes. She reached down for the best looking ones.

Zuko gave her a concerned look at the outfit choice but she quickly dismissed it with a wave of her hand before he could make any rude remarks. "It'll look good. Now put it on now or you'll be late." She smiled and closed the closet door.