Chapter 35

Hey loves! I'm finally back, and the updates will now be more consistent and will be back to normal. My mental health is great right now, and I thank you all for the kind comments, you all are too sweet! Also, you may have noticed that the chapters all have different "names." This makes it a little easier for me because coming up with a chapter name is harder then you think, lmao. Love you all, enjoy the chapter that took me 2 days:
________________________________
Recap:
"Well then" I said clearing my throat. "I have a few question..."
_________________________________

Hailies POV

"Well then ask away" Alex said while leaning back comfortably in his chair.

"Um.. how do you know Lucas. I knew him from school, but judging how bad Xander wanted to kill him proves that it's not just because he was holding my wrist." I said while quickly looking at Xander, and back at Alex again.

"Yes. He messed with our business, so we messed with him." Alex said calmly while resting an elbow on the arm of his chair while fiddling with the ring on his finger.

"What exactly does business mean? And what exactly happens." I ask crossing my arms over my chest as suddenly I felt goosebumps crawl up my exposed arms as if someone had opened a window.

"By business we mean our Mafia business, and answering your question on what exactly happens, we can't tell you everything yet but we can tell you this. We are not the type of people to go around and kill anyone who looks at us wrong. We only kill if it is very, very necessary. But mainly, we handle drug trades, give out loans to bad people who can't get them from anyone else. That usually includes people who are in/just out of jail, people who are too drugged up to understand what their saying etc. Also, we own a few casinos and gambling areas where a lot of our money comes from. But the rest of the money comes from our side jobs, and the loans that people have to pay back. And if they don't pay us back, we either have our men stalk their every move, or kidnap them until they or their family can pay us back." Xander answered this time. He said everything like it was so casual, like we were having a normal conversation about weather.

It was weird... at first, this topic haunted me and made me feel... almost unsafe? But now, I'm... ok with it? It's so weird. One minute I don't even want to sit in the same room as my brothers and now that I think about it, I don't even care. Yes... their business had affected me once, in a very... bad way. But it's nothing that I haven't gone through before. And I'm not going to be one of those girls that I've read about in books when mom was still alive that go around and give our sob stories and cry all day about how life's unfair.

Yes, I have went through the worst of the worst, but that made me stronger. I know that now, I can face anything, except this time, I won't do it alone, I'll have my brothers there with me. Whether I ask them to or not, they'll always be with me, especially since I know that Mason put a tracker in my phone. When I first overheard their conversations about it on my way to my room, I felt violated and angry at them that they couldn't trust me. But now I realize that my brothers do everything for a reason: to protect me. They do it to make sure I'm safe and ok. And I'm ok with it, even if it means I have a tracker in my phone.

I'll be forever grateful to my brothers that they took my in after Daniel died, and I've never been... happier.

Happy

That was a word I haven't used to express my feeling in a long time. Although so many things have happening that make me rethink why i'm alive, I know that now, no matter what happens, I'll have my amazing brothers to help me go through it. Even if their in the Mafia, what difference does it make? They're still going to tuck me in to bed at night, soothe me when I have nightmares, let me sleep in their room if I can't sleep, throw popcorn in my hair when I fall asleep while watching a movie, and most importantly, I know they love me.