| 22 | révélation

This chapter is dedicated to lizzsmith772 for always commenting on my chapters and encouraging me

This chapter is dedicated to lizzsmith772 for always commenting on my chapters and encouraging me. It's greatly appreciated.

SIX YEARS AGO

"What's it gonna take to get you to say yes?"

I sighed for the umpteenth time, unable to comprehend why we were having this conversation.

"My midterms begin next week." I reminded him in frustration, "And you know I have to study."

"But you always study," Ludovic persisted as we strolled towards the school's exit, "Can't I steal you for at least one night?"

His imploring gaze combined with his playful expression came close to making me rethink my decision.

But I knew better.

Despite our occasional dates and exciting outdoor activities, we lived two very different lifestyles.

While I had to make multiple sacrifices for school working late-night jobs to achieve my dream career of running a business, Ludovic never even had to lift a finger since everything was handed to him on a silver platter.

Despite getting a scholarship at Quivelon College, I still had to work twice as hard to maintain a high GPA which was so stressful.

For Ludovic, study sessions were a waste of time given his family's tremendous wealth passed on to many generations.

Hence, parties became a part of his lifestyle whereas the same couldn't be said for me.

In short, attending a party with him was out of the question.

But he didn't seem to agree.

"C'mon, we won't stay at Stalon's for too long." he attempted to persuade me as he snaked his broad arm around my shoulders, "We can even stop by at the ocean after to gaze at the moonlight if you want."

His suggestion was enough to put a temporary smile on my face.

He knew one of my favourite activities spent together was late night skywatching by the seashore.

Given how my family was very conservative, I knew they would disown me if I dared to come home late again.

"I knew this is how you'd react." Ludovic teased as we continued sauntering towards the parking lot.

As I lost myself in his ocean eyes, he said, "You should smile more often."

At that moment, all I could think about was how confident he made me feel in the relationship.

How could I describe the intense connection we had?

Things between us were so effortless and mesmeric.