Eleven - The Plan

A/N: Hello, I'm baaaack! Thanks for reading this, even though I only write during my free time. I appreciate all your votes and comments. Anyway, I kinda noticed that my previously written chapters seem really short as per word count (lol). So, starting this chapter, you might notice that they will be more lengthy. Hope you don't mind. Enjoy!

******

Megumi, in her total state of vulnerability after breaking down from the series of events that transpired, finally told Kayo about her stalker. She does not care if Suna heard her or not. They are inside Megumi's apartment now. She's alone in the house since her mother is a field reporter who usually goes out of town to cover news and other current affairs. Only the two of them live there. Megumi told them what happened after she left the clubroom, and how she barely managed to get away from her pursuer. Kayo's mouth was hanging and Suna looked deadly after her confession.

"Oh my God, Meg. I-I have no words."

"I-it's okay Kayo, I'm fine now. Thank you for..... listening to me." It's true though, she finally calmed down now. Yes, she was scared to death a few hours ago but after regaining her composure and rationality, and after confiding to her friend, she feels more at ease. Although she still worries for her safety, Megumi thinks she can now collect herself and show courage despite her fears. Keep calm and don't show too much fear, dear. Mental strength is everything. If you keep a cool mind and think things carefully, you can do and overcome anything. These were the words of her mother and her words to live by.

"I don't know what I can do, but I want to help you! Should we report this to the police?" Kayo asked.

"I thought about it but we have no idea of who he is. Also, police investigation would only complicate things, and make me feel more uncomfortable. If we could only corner him or gather more evidence to indict him that would be the best. Right now, I'm more worried that I was followed here." Megumi paused, and then, "ah shit, he might already know where I live, right?"

"Don't worry about it."

Megumi and Kayo turned their heads to the source of the voice.

"Suna?"

"I'll protect you."

Megumi's eyes widened. First and foremost, she just remembered that Suna was indeed with them inside their apartment. Second, what he just said totally caught her by surprise. Thirdly, what is this weird feeling? She felt strangely assured after hearing those unexpected words from him.

"I mean, how can I just do nothing after hearing what I just heard? My, Madam Pres, you do seem to be in distress. This is a major problem."

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this."

"No, don't be. Not yer fault if you have a cowardly asshole of a stalker." Megumi is staring at the middle blocker now, wondering if she could really trust him.

"Hey, don't look at me like that."

"I'm sorry, I - I just don't quite see you as someone who'll be willing to do that. Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm not saying you look bad, it's just that, you don't, ah -"

"It's fine, really. I may be an ass myself, but I only think its right that one should look after you given your situation. No girl deserves to be in your position."

Is he concerned? That was actually nice of him. Maybe Suna is not at all that detached and apathetic. Megumi is beginning to see him in a new light now, and honestly, it's quite refreshing to see Suna from this perspective.

"But I won't do it for free though." A lazy little smirk escaped from his lips.

Ahh, he's still a little sleazy though.

"Suna-kun, that's very kind of you. I'm sure Megumi appreciates your concern, but what can you do? How do you plan to carry this I'll-protect-you offer?" Megumi is really thankful for Kayo's interjection. She's so grateful to have this friend who can read her quite well.

"I'll watch over her. Unlike you, who only have classes with her in first period and PE, we have more classes in common. I can walk her home and be her bodyguard, I know a little judo. Also, I have a clever plan on how to catch the culprit."

The two of them stared at Suna, their eyes saying what needs to be asked.

"Curious? Step one: Madam Pres, we need to pretend to be in a relationship."

Megumi needed a few seconds to process this odd proposition. She looked at Kayo, then to Suna, back to Kayo and then again at Suna. "WHAT?!" She stood up from where she is and pointed a finger at the middle blocker. "I swear Suna, if this is a joke, it's very lame. How is pretending to be in a relationship gonna help us catch the culprit? Huh?"

"Calm down, Meg. Let's hear out this plan. Go on, Suna. How?"

"It really depends on the president's acting prowess and courage to act as a bait, honestly." Suna answered.

"Bait?" Megumi asked, now confused.

"We will lure your stalker and rile him up so he will show himself again." Megumi paled after hearing this. Suna noticed this and quickly added in almost a whisper, "As I said, it really depends on your courage to act as bait. Basically, we make him jealous, and wait until he tries to corner you again. But don't worry, as I said, I'll keep an eye on you, and be there when you need me the most. I won't leave your side. I promise to protect you."

"But that's ridiculous!" Megumi blurted out.

"Yeah, sounds a bit dangerous to me. Although its quite crafty, so it might work." Kayo added.

"You don't have to agree right away. I'm just saying that it's the best we can do for now. You said you didn't want to go to the police. So what do you plan to do? Better this than nothing right?"

Megumi fell silent because Suna is actually making some sense. She had no idea what to actually do.

"S'not like I'm a creep like yer stalker. I won't do anything that can hurt you or make you uncomfortable. No shady business. I honestly just wanted to help."

There was a long moment of silence before anyone spoke.

"N-no shady business?"

Suna gave Megumi a deadpan look and sighed. "Do I really look that bad? Look, I'm not forcing you, it's just a proposition."

Megumi looked at Kayo who gave her look telling her to consider it. "I-I'll think about it."

The two left the apartment and Megumi was now alone.

"Make sure you lock the door and your windows!" Kayo called out before disappearing from view.

As she was on her bed, Megumi strangely felt relieved that she is not alone anymore in her problems. Moments before drifting into sleep, she thought about the sincerity of Suna Rintaro's voice from their earlier conversation.

Perhaps its okay.