6

"Luna" I heard my name being called.

"Brother!" I smiled when I saw him.

It's been five years since I was reincarnated, now I'm five years old. Honestly, I've started getting used to his presence even though he still scares the hell out of me now and then.

Even now I still feel like I'm in a long dream or a movie set. Maybe it was because I used to be an actress but I can't help but think there are hidden cameras somewhere.

Still, I am slowly trying to adapt to this world since it is so different from the world I used to live in. I still feel like I'm just a bystander but it'll be dangerous if I keep thinking that way.

"Brother, you look pale. What's wrong?" I asked in a worried tone.

Is it because of his training? I remember that his training started around this time in the novel. It was a hectic time for him because all his tutors treat him badly. After all, he was the so-called 'cursed child'.

He can't even refute...yet. In the novel, once he inherited the throne he killed everyone who treated him badly not before torturing and making them beg for death.

"It's nothing." He looks really tired, how can they torment a child...

"You worthless idiot! Why can't you be more like your sister?"

"But I have already surpassed her..."

"You impudent brat! How dare you talk back to me!?"

"Luna?"

"Yes, brother?" I beamed.

I got distracted by my thoughts there. I wonder if that old geezer is dead?

"What do you think about meeting every day from now on?" My eyes widened when I heard his suggestion.

Even though his schedule is already so tight because he has many classes to attend...is he afraid that I'll be lonely or I'll starve to death? But he isn't that type to worry or things like that.

"Luna will be very happy but won't it be too much for brother? You shouldn't worry about Luna too much, you must take care of yourself first."

"Sometimes you act older than me." He chuckled. Well, I am mentally older, kid...

"But I'm doing this for myself. No need to look so worried." he continued.

Did I look worried? Well, when I said that, I was putting him before myself...and meant what I said. It won't be a good thing if I grow too attached to him but still...

"Brother is important to Luna after all!" I grinned.

Is he just gonna stay silent? I just told you you're important to me, hmph. I'll make sure I hear it from your mouth!

"Is Luna not important to brother?" I asked with teary eyes.

Haha! He looks flustered, well it is a little childish of me but it's fun.

"Important..." What? My ears perked up as I hummed in response.

"...You're important to me too." He sighed.

Oho~ he's blushing. Since you're being so cute, I'll give you some 'sister service'.

"Really?! Luna's so happy! I love you!" I pecked his cheeks and hug him.

"..."

Hehe, he doesn't know what to say. To think he'll be the tyrant emperor someday, he looks like a cute kid to me though, for now, I guess.

"If brother doesn't mind, then we'll meet every day. Luna's looking forward to it." I glance up at him smiling.

"Are you not going to drink?"

He looks exhausted today and his complexion is quite pale. I'm not particularly hungry, plus, we'll meet tomorrow anyways

"Luna's not hungry today," I replied.

"...Let's take a nap."

...

"Unnie...you're pregnant with Min-Suk Oppa's child?"

"I'm sorry...I know he's your fiance."

Don't look so guilty, I won't be able to hate you otherwise. Please.

"Don't blame your sister, we fell in love. I'm sorry..."

So I wasn't even in your eyes since the beginning...then why did you have to send mixed signals to me? Why did I even open my heart to you?

"...It's fine. Oppa make sure Unnie is happy okay? It's a good thing you guys fell in love. It isn't an easy thing to spend the rest of your life with someone you don't love."

"Eun-byeol..."

"This was an arranged marriage anyway. I'll tell father, I'm happy for you two."

I think my hands bleeding...seriously I should've never let my guard down. You guys even knew what would happen to me if this engagement is annulled...

Two of the people who I trusted the most, betrayed me...But it's not like you can control who you fall for

"Father I want to annul the engagement."

"You want to break off the engagement?!"

"I'm sorry father, we fell in love. It isn't Eun-byeol's fault."

"Eun-na as long as you're happy."

Why is it so unfair? I'm your daughter too.

"Eun-byeol as of today, you are no longer my daughter. Your sole purpose is gone."

"Father-"

"It's okay, unnie. I have enough money to take care of myself, I am a top actress after all ."

But I wonder why it's so painful, this heaviness on my heart wouldn't go away.

"Na...Luna!"

Hmm? Ugh, headache. Eh? Why does brother look so panicked?

"Brother? Are you okay?"

"Aren't you the one who's not okay? You were crying when you were asleep."

"..." Why do I keep getting flashbacks from my previous life today?

"Luna's fine. Luna just had a nightmare but brother appeared and saved Luna." I beamed.

So this is what it feels like to be cared for...but I guess it won't last long...I wonder how he'll treat me when he meets the love of his life...

"Brother, stop looking so worried." I smiled patting his head

"Hehe, even though brother was the one who asked Luna not to look so worried earlier. Worrying isn't good for your health."

He doesn't need to look so surprised...

"Master!"

Uwaa! That shocked me. This dude just jumped down from nowhere. Is he Acacius's servant since he addressed him as master? Why is he here?

"What is it?"

I flinched...his voice, was it this cold and emotionless when we first met? No, I don't think that was the case.

"The emperor suddenly requested for the princess's presence!"

What?!