Chapter 21

After a long day of classes. ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Yes, if you took your eyes off her one second, you will never know where she would be next." Her teal eyes were warm as she continued to talk about her Lady. "Milady always had a mysterious feel about her. And there were numerous of times that I caught her conversing to plain air. But who knows, maybe she was chatting to beings that I just and others could not see or hear. She also knew about things that can sometimes frighten one even though she never possessed some side precognition or information gaining ability of some sort."

When Ashnah had visited Adnah's Cemetery, she had met the spirit of her grandmother, Alice Morley even if it was for a brief second. Once her spirit had said with a smile, "Finally, I get to meet you, Ashnah." She was gone.

Throughout the whole visit with her paying respects to her family members, she had only saw her grandmother's spirit. This was why she had decided to ask her grandmother's nanny, Krynn Corbyn about her. She had practically raised Alice herself after her mother, Esme Morley had died.

Anzor Morley had introduced his daughter to Krynn Corbyn yesterday. Not only being the child's grandmother's nanny, she had been the child's father nanny as well. The silver head had assigned Krynn as his daughter's nanny as well.

She was a female in her seventies with all her thick auburn pulled to the back of her hair into a simple bun. Even though she was in her seventies, she looked to be within her early fifties.

This was because of the humans' genes of this magical world. It's people aged at a slower rate than people of Earth and the average life age expectancy was one hundred and fifty years. But this slower aging rate would only begin after someone reached the age of twenty-one.

'Speaking to beings that could not be seen?' Ashnah repeated in thought.

"And even though I watched her as she grew into an adult, I could never know what was on Milady's mind." Her dark brown eyes closed then opened. "Even Archduke found that the same, and Milady knowing that left her diary and letters behind." Realizing the final statement she said, Krynn pointed out a little be nervous. "......Of course Lady Ashnah could read those when she becomes an adult... Or when Archduke decides to pass them down."

At first Ashnah had not thought too much about the last statement her nanny had made, but seeing her reaction like this, she said within her mind. 'Is there something about the diary and letters?'

Then there were three knocks on the door. "Excuse me for a second, Milady." Krynn answered it and walked back to the brown haired child. "It seems like Sir Benjamin has arrived to teach you, Lady Ashnah." She informed.

••••

Anzor had set up a room for Ashnah to be taught in. The room was designed as a basic class-room that could be found in Emphraim Kingdom, but on a smaller scale. There was a black board, a teacher's desk and a single student's desk.

The room had been painted in a medium green hue, because it had been researched that the hue helped promoted peacefulness and calmness; and improve efficiency and focus.

Colourful posters were plastered over the walls, showing of the numbers, alphabet, months of the year, days of the week, vocabulary words, the different kinds of elemental magic and many others.

There were small bookshelves placed against the wall with textbooks and a play section with toys in one corner of the room.

Ashnah was already seated and Benjamin Morley stood in front of the chalk board.