Chapter One Hundred & Six: Waking up to Tears

- There was no other option but to live

Third Pov:

They'd all been taken hostage.

Handcuffed and wrapped in chains. The group of friends were all shoved forward. Their only hope was that Avery mentioned to the Aurors their disappearance so that there would be rescue parties.

The handcuffs nullified their magic. No one could cast a single solitary spell whilst they were in those handcuffs.

Tom had knelt beside Valentine, his eyes hard like stone. He raised her into his arms, just allowing himself to feel the rise and fall of her chest. An indication that she was alive. An indication that his light hadn't been shut out. He held her on his lap, her head falling limply to the side.

Credence had ceased her convulsions and she just lay there.... almost dead. Her hair billowed around her, blood staining her clothes and her pale skin.

"Wake up." He hisses at her. "Dumbledore wake up." However she remained as limp as she had before.

Credence stalks towards them, eyes blazing in hatred and a need to hurt.

"Get that thing up!" Credence scowls down at the girl.

Tom ignores him, and instinctively holds her closer to him.

"Did you hear me!?"

"Are you speaking to me?" Tom answers, lip curling up in a mocking smirk. This causes the Obscurial to hiss in fury.

"Give it to me." Credence snaps at him, lunging to grab Valentine. Without moving or looking up from Valentine's face, Credence goes flying with an unspoken spell.

"HOW DARE YOU!!!?" Credence roars.

"Enough." Grindelwald waves a hand to the boy, giving him a warning look.

"But-"

"No. Enough." Grindelwald states and then holds up a pair of handcuffs. He straps them on Valentine's wrists and then throws another pair at Tom's feet.