𝘅𝘅. chapter twenty.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
xx. CHAPTER TWENTY.

SUMMER HOLIDAYS

SUMMER HOLIDAYS.
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

         FOUR MONTH LATER ━━ SUMMER HOLIDAYS

Briar D'Alessio took a deep breath, as she set her owl, Amber, down on her desk. Her large, spacious room seemed like a luxury after spending so long sharing a dorm with four other girls. She smiled at the thought of her own bathroom, and being able to spread herself out on the feather-soft bed.

Dispy the house-elf entered the room a few moments later, carrying Briar's enormous school trunk. She set it down on the floor beside the bed, and looked up at her mistress, who was standing by the window. "Would miss like Dipsy to start unpacking her things?"

"Hm?" Briar turned around and looked at the house elf. "Oh, yes please. I'll come by and help you in a moment, I should greet my family first."

Dipsy nodded, and started to pull clothes and other belongings out of Briar's trunk. Briar let Dipsy continue, leaving her room and going downstairs. She'd missed the mansion; it was a beautiful place, calm and serene, just the way she liked it. After searching the sitting room and the parlor, she finally found her mother in the garden with an unfamiliar middle-aged woman.

"Mother!" Briar greeted, and Amelia D'Alessio turned to smile at her daughter. She was sitting gracefully in one of the deck chairs; it was difficult to imagine the woman doing anything clumsily at all. Amelia always maintained an air of regality about her.

           "Darling, there you are!" Briar replied with a warm smile, gesturing for Briar to take the seat beside her. "I was beginning to wonder if Dispy had forgotten to pick you up from the station. No trouble, I hope?"

           Briar shook her head, a small smile playing at her lips. "None at all."

            "Well, then. I'd like you to meet Mrs. Farrow, she's the one in charge of planning your brother's wedding. Mrs. Farrow, my daughter, Briar."

         Mrs. Farrow was a plump woman, with eyebrows so thin they were almost invisible and a very large smile that was all gums. "It's wonderful to meet you, dear. You have a beautiful daughter, Mrs. D'Alessio. She looks very much like you. I have no doubt that suitors will be lining up for her in a few years."

        Briar forced a smile back at the woman, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. She and her mother looked nothing alike. Most of Briar's features; her full lips and facial features; had come from her father's side. The only thing she shared with her mother were the trademark platinum blonde Malfoy hair and blue eyes. However, it seemed that Amelia was very pleased with the compliment. "Thank you. If all goes well, you may be organizing her wedding very soon."