~1~

Ember threw her heavy luggage over her shoulder.
She was already feeling uncomfortable. She had just moved to America hoping that things would be different.
She always feels uncomfortable and unsafe out in public so she was hoping it would be different here but so far she still feels scared.

Ember doesn't know why she always feels like this, she's had a pretty good life. There hasn't really been anything in her life that would cause her any trauma, so she doesn't know why she feels like this.

Maybe it's because of all the people that have hurt her and betrayed her through out her life. But she likes to tell herself that they don't effect her anymore, but that's definitely a lie.

Ember puts on her tough girl act and begins to walk towards the door.
Acting tough has always been her coping mechanism. She figures if she can be intimidating and scare people away they they won't hurt her.

She huffs as she walks out of the airport doors. She looks around for a taxi that will take her to her new apartment.

Once she sees one she waves it over. She sets her bag down in the back and then gets in the back seat with it. Ember would never feel comfortable being in the front seat with a stranger.

"Hello ma'am. Where to?" The taxi driver asks.

Ember mutters a hello and then hands him a slip of paper with the address.

She would talk to him but she's too nervous.

The driver mumbles something as he types the address into the taxi.

Ember grabs out her phone and puts her headphones in hoping the music will calm her mind and her nerves.

The driver pulls out into the busy traffic and begins the route to Ember's apartment.

Ember is fidgety and nervous the whole time. She wants to make small talk with the driver but she's too nervous. All her people skills fly out the window when she feels uncomfortable. So instead Ember decides to just stare out the window and focus on the scenery.

About two hours later the driver pulls into Ember's apartment complex.

Ember hands him some cash.

"Thank you sir," she says as she smiles shyly at him.

"No problem," he chuckles.

Ember doesn't want to stay in the car any longer than she has to so she grabs her bag and opens the door.

She walks quickly up the steps of her apartment complex.

She grabs her phone and checks the apartment number.

"Number 333," she mutters to herself as she looks down the hall.

"Number 333 is down there," some one says behind her.

Ember jumps a little and looks behind her.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you," the man says.

Ember nods her head. She feels even more uncomfortable now.

The man is so tall and he's got the longest beard she's ever seen.

"Thanks," Ember mutters as she looks down at her shoes.

"Yeah no problem," the man says.

Ember realizes that she's just standing there making things awkward. She picks up her bag and starts walking in the direction the man pointed to.