chapter twenty nine

smut warning

I eventually told Draco what had happened the next morning through a harsh voice that was sore from all the sobbing I had done the previous night.

I was no longer crying as my eyes were puffy and dry and I felt completely numb. However, Draco was furious.

"I always knew he was an evil toad." Draco spat as I lay my head on his tense chest. "He will pay for this."

"I never want to see him again." I whispered in a small voice.

We'd decided not to go to classes that day, and I didn't plan on leaving Draco's bed for a while. The day passed quickly, like time always did when I was with Draco. We hadn't done much other than fall in and out of sleep every few hours as I lay in his arms.

"I'll go tell Snape we won't be in class for the next few days." Draco whispered to me at around 7pm as he gently maneuvered himself from underneath me. I looked up at him with an almost hurt expression, not wanting to be separated from him at all. "I'll be back before you know it." He comforted me before pressing a soft kiss against my forehead.

Draco's POV

I made my way through the busy castle, keeping my head down however slightly hopeful that I was going to bump into Potter so I could give him a piece of my mind. My hair was disheveled, and my robes were messy as I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of a window en route. The halls were quite busy as it was around dinner time, but I soon reached Snape's door and gave it a harsh knock.

"Enter." Snape's monotone voice soon responded, and I did just that, quickly closing the door behind me.

"Professor, I- "I began but he soon cut me off.

"I've heard." He almost snapped. "You really think something as pathetic as this is worth missing classes over?" Snape stood from his desk and took slow steps towards me.

"Her father died, Professor." I bit harshly, running my hands through my already messy hair.

"What would your father think if he saw you like this? Pathetic." Snape spat, pacing around his office. "You're lucky he's not able to see such a sight."

"What?" I mumbled, looking back up.

"Your spineless father has wound himself up in Azkaban." Snape almost shouted through gritted teeth, towering over me. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out, my body began to feel numb as my mind travelled to my mother and I grew worried for her. "And now his precious son is tittering about over someone with a muggle mother." He continued with distaste riddled in his voice.

"Muggle mother?" I said quietly in realization. "You knew she wasn't a Potter?"

"Of course, I knew, we all knew!" Snape expressed as I began to grow angry. "She was a disgrace to the Black family, a half blood baby – that's why they pretended. They wanted to keep her safe, but they aren't stupid."

I had spoken of Amelia to my family on multiple occasions and now felt stupid as they knew the truth whilst I sat unaware. I wanted to argue and fight, but I stood silently unsure of what to say. There was too much information for my brain to process so I simply stood dumbfounded.

"You have two days." Snape muttered before I nodded my head to him and left his office quietly.

I grew dizzy as I made my way back to my dorm, a headache growing. I pulled my tie away from my neck as I began to feel like it was suffocating me.

Amelia's POV

Draco was only gone a matter of 10 of 20 minutes however the longer it became, the more anxious I grew. I had no idea where this feeling had come from, but my breathing grew heavier and heavier and my heart started beating faster and faster.