14. WISH ONE

14 : WISH ONE

14 : WISH ONE

first person
VALERIE

"Well done, Milano." the sound of Vincent's silvery voice causes my heart to warm with joy. For the first time ever, his words seemed golden. I achieved a goal, a goal that someone told me I couldn't achieve. Class Zero, the classroom where I will build my life, the classroom I will succeed in.

"I guess I was wrong, you seem to break my expectations each time we meet, Valerie." Atlas says, handing over a piece of card. I glance at the details, it was his number and address. "Contact me when you figure out what you want."

I watch as Atlas walks away nonchalantly, there was no sign of anger in his face.

Even though he lost, he walks as if he wins.

Vincent snatches the card from my grip. His eyes scan the card slowly. "Figure out what you want? Is he blackmailing you?" he says distastefully with a scowl on his pretty face.

"No, it's nothing like that."

"Right, but if it ever does get to that point you can always tell me." Vincent says, handing me the card before making his way towards the exit.

I walk after him, not caring about the card in my hand. "Vincent!" he stops by the elevator, turning around to meet my eyes. He no longer harboured the permanent frown on his face, the boy in front of me was relaxed and for once — okay.

"Relax, I'm not going anywhere." he murmurs, leaning against the wall behind him. "What do you want Milano? Us talking constantly shouldn't be normalised."

"I just wanted to thank you. Without you, I wouldn't have able to get into Class Zero. I guess it was worth tutoring me in exchange for driving in your car without me." for some reason I was slightly disappointed that I wouldn't be able to ride in his car anymore.

Vincent purses his lips. "After thinking about it, I realised it wasn't a problem having you in my car. You're okay Milano and I'm fine with okay people."

He then gets inside the elevator.

Before the doors close, I notice his golden smile. It was beautiful. So that's what it means to be beautiful. To truly be proud, to truly be happy. That smile suits him and I couldn't see it any other way.

"See ya, Milano."

My heart beats undeniably fast. So this was beauty.

"So you got tutored?" the sound of Atlas' irritating voice fills the atmosphere. I frown deeply, to him, success should be well deserved and the way I succeeded was with the help of another.

"Not tutored, I got a little help." I respond curtly, not in the mood for his side remarks. All Atlas does is glance at me. Disappointment seemed to overwhelm his face.