21

nov. 26th, 2038.
cyberlife warehouse.
heavy snowfall.
7:43 p.m.
---

Bodies line the wall of the warehouse, both human and android. Thirium and blood drip down the walls creating a purple puddle lining the floor. Some bodies hang while others are sat against the wall. There are a few tables spread across the warehouse each with a body atop it. The bodies are composed of parts from humans and androids. The man walks around the warehouse to each table adjusting the body parts ever so slightly as if they'd break into a million pieces. He ends his walk where Connor's tied up. He traces Connor's face to Connor's disdain and disgust. The man laughs, "Not the man you want?"

Connor keeps his cool, he was a negotiator after all, as he replies to the man, "You should let me go before the authorities get involved. I will be searched for."

"Everyone I've killed has been searched for," he retorts. "What makes you special?"

(y/n) bursts through the warehouse door his gun is aimed at the man, "Freeze, right fucking now!"

The man puts his hands in the air, "Woah," he walks past Connor toward (y/n).

"Get on your fucking knees!" (y/n) screams.

"Not so fast-" A bullet interrupts his speech as it passes through his shoulder.

"I said get on your knees!"

The man does as told. Gavin enters the warehouse from behind the man and runs to Connor. (y/n) approaches the man and the man sweeps his leg. (y/n)'s head hits the ground and tears fly out from his eyes. "Shit," he holds his head while the warehouse spins around him. He tackles the man before he gets the chance to reach Gavin and Connor. The two struggle landing blows on one another.

Finally, Gavin gets Connor loose and he rushes toward (y/n) and his captor. Connor pulls the man off (y/n) and hits the man in a specific spot on the jaw causing him to pass out.

"Holy shit," Gavin comments watching the android.

Connor rushes to (y/n)'s side, "Are you hurt?"

(y/n) scrambles out of Connor's grasp and crawls toward the man. He lays punch after punch on his face. "Fuck you!" he repeats before Connor pulls him off.

"(y/n)!" Connor pulls him into an embrace. "It's alright," he rubs (y/n)'s back. "We've got him. It's over."

Gavin cuffs the guy while the couple has their moment, "I'll call the department." He walks out with the guy and shoves him in the back of his car. "Piece of shit," he mumbles, leaning against his car as he calls.

(y/n) sobs into Connor's shoulder. Finally. He felt relief rush through him as Connor whispers sweet nothings in his ear. "I love you, Connor." He pulls away from the embrace and grabs Connor's face. He leans in and pulls Connor's face to his. He bites Connor's lip and runs his hand through his hair. He pulls Connor's hair as he fights for dominance with his tongue. 

Gavin walks back in, clear disgust plastering his face, he yells, "This is a crime scene!"

(y/n) pulls away from Connor and turns to Gavin, "Fuck you." He stands up pulling Connor with him, "Let's go."

---

The couple arrives home hand-in-hand. (y/n) turns to Connor as they enter the main hall. He lifts their hands up, "I've got to talk to Walt." His eyes begin to tear up, "I can't leave him alone. That's what I did to Care and she's dead."

"(y/n), that's not your fault." Connor is quick to reply. He wipes (y/n)'s tears away with his thumbs, "You know that."

"Yeah," he breathes a sigh of relief, "I know." He puts a hand on Connor's shoulder. "I just need to reconcile with him. We've always been close, I think I might have just gotten on his nerves."

"Alright, be careful." He presses his lips onto (y/n)'s forehead.

"Okay, sweetheart."

Connor's thirium pump swells hearing the nickname. His face turns blue and a chill runs down his spine. He takes a moment to savor and appreciate these feelings. He takes a seat on the bottom of the stairs to wait for his love.

(y/n) knocks on Walt's door, "Walt? Are you here? I want to talk, please."

"Come in." the android answers lowly.

(y/n) takes a seat next to Walt on his bed. He pulls his legs into a crisscross, "Walt, I'm sorry." He runs his hand across the blanket laying on the bed, "I don't know if I pulled a nerve or what exactly happened earlier but-"

"You keep getting yourself into situations where you're vulnerable to injury. You won't let me come with to at least observe. Why? You're human, you get hurt so easily and die."

"That's my job, hun." (y/n) laughs, "I know it's scary. Trust me I'm scared everytime I go out there. I just think about the difference I can make, the affect I can have on people's lives, and how I much I love helping people." (y/n) chuckles, "As you should know." His smile quickly fades as he starts again, "Why are you so worried? I always come back. I can't leave you alone, Walt. I never will."

"I'm scared, okay!?" Walt blurts. "I can't get over this fear for you. This fear of your death. Your inability to put yourself first and protect yourself enrages me, especially when you put your life on the line for an android. An android can be rebuilt, their memory can be re-implanted, androids are replaceable humans are not."

"I'm not so sure of that anymore, Walt. Do you think CyberLife will rebuild deviants?"

"They're a corporation like any other. Any way to profit, they will pursue."

"Well, humans and androids alike should be protected. But this isn't about any android, is it?"

Walt shakes his head, "I - no it isn't. He was made to hunt my kind, I have a natural disdain for him."

"As his partner on the deviant cases, he never once harmed an android. I give you my word, Walt. He's deviant himself, he has the same fears as you. Those of death and loneliness."

Walt's LED spins yellow as he stays silent. He joins his hands together and leans back against a pillow in contact with the wall. "I need time to process this. Thank you for speaking with me, (n/n)."

(y/n) nods and stands up, "Of course." Before he leaves he lays a note on the end of Walt's bed and exits the room. He notices Connor sitting on the stairs. "What are you doing?" He smiles. He grabs the android's hand and leads him upstairs.