Chapter 11 || "Lashton isn't real."

- Pandora -

Sunday came and went like a tidal wave, washing my happiness away and leaving me with dread. The thought of Monday was bad enough, but when the time came to wake up on that dull morning, I couldn't express the amount of annoyance I felt.

If I could sue Monday, I would.

"Pandora? Pandora! Why aren't you awake?"

Within a blink of an eye my body shot up, my eyes wide with horror as I reached across for my alarm clock. I couldn't decide if it had broken or if I had automatically turned it off then fell back asleep, but either way, I had fifteen minutes to get to school.

"Mum, why didn't you wake me up?" I exclaimed, stressfully tugging at the roots of my hair.

She sent me a blank stare before replying, her words laced with annoyance.

"I have three men in this household that need waken up, excuse me if I expect you to take care of yourself."

I rolled my eyes and raced towards my wardrobe, grabbing random pieces of uniform before chucking them onto my unmade bed. My mum attempted to help by packing my bag, managing to tuck one book in before being interrupted by Luke's calls.

She sent me a sympathetic look and I shrugged, already tugging my pyjamas off my body.

"He probably needs you more than I do."

Letting out a small laugh, she quickly exited my room, finally giving me the privacy I needed.

I was up and ready in a total of ten minutes, forgetting that fact I was wearing no makeup what-so-ever and my hair looked like a birds nest. I didn't have time to waste, so I just chucked my frizzy hair up into a messy ponytail, applying some mascara over my limp eyelashes before slinging my bag over my shoulder and racing out the door.

Luke was exiting the living room at the same time I came flying down the stairs, colliding into my chest and sending us both flying across the hallway.

He sent me a cold stare and ran his hands through his quiff, fixing his tie before heading towards the front door. I followed him out, remembering to say goodbye to my mother before slamming the door behind me.

I literally only had 5 minutes to get to school, and it was a 15 minute walk away.

Funny how time works.

"Someone's late today." Luke chuckled, peering around the busy street before finding Ashton's car.

I felt a glimmer of hope rise in my chest, but it faded away quickly, leaving me with a heavy sense of disappointment.

The boys hated me; they would never give me a lift.

"I woke up late," I spat, rubbing my tired eyes "thanks for noticing."

"Yeah, you look like shít." He smirked, taking a quick glance at me before pointing towards his eyes "You've also smudged something."

I stopped rubbing my eyes and took a quick glance at my fingers, groaning in annoyance at the blackened skin.

I forgot I was wearing mascara, and now I had black eyes. This was turning out to be a fantastic day.

Note my sarcasm.

"Luke, can you ask Ashton if I can get a lift?" I questioned, following hopefully on behind him like a lost puppy.

Luke scoffed and gave me a dirty glare over his shoulder, slowly shaking his head.

"You know he won't."

"Why not?"

"Because." He sighed, slightly quickening his pace. I kept on chasing after him, refusing to give up.