chapter thirty

It had been a couple days since Draco and I had stopped going to class, I was feeling a lot better however was worried incase that was only because of the safe haven Draco and I had created in his room. I was excruciatingly nervous to go back to class; however, I knew we were pushing it and didn't want to risk staying off even longer.

I was making my way back to my own dorm to grab clean robes for the next morning and planning on telling Tracey everything, however, was exhausted with constantly thinking and talking about what had happened.

Once I reached my dorm, I noticed Tracey sat with Daphne Greengrass on her bed, and as soon as I entered, she shot an unpleasant look my way.

"Look who finally decided to talk to me." Tracey muttered, her lip turning in disgust.

"What?" Tracey I- "I began in confusion however she quickly cut me off.

"Save it." She barked. "I'm clearly not as good as your boyfriend so don't bother speaking to me."

"Don't be so s- "

"So what?" She interrupted again. "I didn't leave you for Blaise, and yet suddenly I'm second best."

"If you just let me explain." I said in a small voice, trying my hardest not to break down in tears once again.

"Just leave me alone, Potter." Tracey said her final words before strutting out of the dorm room, Daphne following closely behind her. I choked on my tears slightly but continued to quickly grab my robes and go back to Draco.

I had never opened up to Tracey before, exactly, other than about boy drama. However, I always believed her to be more understanding than what she had just shown. Why didn't she suspect something was up? It's not like I had been purposely ignoring her, I hadn't seen anyone other than Draco for over 3 days. Maybe she was right, I was a terrible friend. I had been so focused on myself that I didn't bother to come and see her.

I trod back to Draco's room, holding my tears in as I didn't want anyone to see me upset as I walked through the common room. I eventually arrived back at Draco's room and he instantly recognized that something was wrong. I placed my fresh robes to the side and made my way over to his bed which he was sat on. I quickly climbed into his arms to which he soon wrapped around me.

"What's happened?" He questioned, I guessed he would have assumed I'd be gone for longer considering I had seen Tracey.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said in a small voice, not attempting to be rude just sick of feeling upset all the time. Draco understood and responded my kissing the top of my head and running his fingers through my hair.

"It's nearly summer." Draco changed the subject. To no fault of his own, this only made me feel worse. I had no family and I was surely unwanted by the Weasley's now, so I had no idea where I was staying this summer.

"Don't remind me." I sighed, nuzzling my face into his chest, not wanting to look at him. Not only did I have no place to go, but I wouldn't see Draco for months. It wasn't healthy how dependent I had grown on Draco. "I have no idea what I'm going to do."

There was a small silence before Draco replied.

"I could always ask my mother if you could stay with us for summer." Draco responded causing a grin to grow on my face. I looked up at him, but his expression was still unsure. "But I can't let you get your hopes up, Amelia." He sighed.

"How come?" I replied in a small voice.

"You don't understand how much I'd love for you to stay with us," He began with a genuine tone. "But- but my father is in Azkaban... I'm not sure what it's going to be like at home. I just can't promise you anything."

"Your father?" I repeated, worry laced in my voice. He only nodded in response as I wrapped my arms around him. "I'm so sorry, Draco. It was selfish of me not to ask."

"I don't care that he's in Azkaban. It's my mother I'm worried for." Draco responded quietly as I ran my fingers through his soft hair in comfort. "I will write to her and ask, but there's something else."

"What?"

"When I spoke to Snape... he mentioned something of your mother." Draco said in a small voice making my heartbeat quicken. "She's a muggle."

"Oh." I whispered, retracting from the hug and settling myself down in front of him. "So, I'm a half blood." I said even quieter. "Does that make you love me less?"

"Don't be silly, Amelia. Not at all." Draco comforted me, bringing his hand up to my chin to force me to look at him. "Sirius Black's family were family friends of my mother's family... Sirius betrayed them by having a child with a muggle."

I furrowed my eyebrows; it was almost as if I were listening to someone else's story rather than mine.

"They lied to keep you safe after Sirius went to Azkaban, that's all I know." Draco finished before tracing his thumb over my lips and quickly placing a kiss on them. "I promise I'll try everything I can for you to stay with me."