𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

After going through her usual routine of attending classes and practicing Tourney on auto-pilot, Rylee found herself alone in her dorm room. Silence surrounded her as she doodled the sun symbol of Tangletown in her sketchbook, which was something she could do in her sleep. Morgan offered to stay with her best friend, but the daughter of Rapunzel and Eugene wanted to be alone despite how much she hated isolation. Rylee needed some time to truly process what happened between her and Pete last night because it still didn't make sense to her.

As soon as she finished the final ray on the sun, Rylee went to grab her colored pencils, only for her to stop in her tracks when she heard a knock on the door. The blonde girl let out a quiet sigh as she walked across the room then she opened the door. It didn't surprise her one bit when she found Elliot standing in the doorway with a small smile on his face.

"Hey, Elli," Rylee greeted her brother while stepping aside to let him into her room, "what are you doing here?"

"Pete told me what happened," he responded after sitting down on his sister's bed as he tried to hide the concern in his eyes, "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine," the blonde girl responded, earning an unconvinced look from the boy sitting next to her, "really, I am. Completely and totally fine."

"Don't give me that, Lee. You and Pete dated for three years and have been friends for a lot longer than that," Elliot retaliated, only to receive an emotionless look from Rylee in response to his words, "are you really gonna tell me that you're perfectly fine?"

"Perfectly."

A small sigh passed over the eldest Fitzherbert sibling's lips as he turned so that he was fully facing his sister. After studying every inch of her face for what felt like an eternity, Elliot finally opened his mouth to speak. "Evie also told me how you cried yourself to sleep while she and Morgan were with you last night."

Rylee just stared at Elliot for a long moment before she broke her gaze and looked at the floor. Her eyes began to water, causing her to try to blink them away so that they could end this conversation and move on. However, the next thing she knew, a pair of arms wrapped around her before she was pulled into a tight hug. Her brother's actions only made the tears the blonde girl was trying to hold back fall and stain his shirt. The Fitzherbert siblings stayed like that for what felt like an eternity before Elliot ended their moment. He kept his hands on her shoulders as he looked into her eyes before the smallest of smiles formed on his face.