24

I have another paper due tomorrow thAT I HAVE NOT STARTED

...

Amelia

I hastily throw clothes into both mine and Harry's suitcases while he's in the bathroom. I was somehow able to book us a flight for today that leaves in a couple of hours, although Harry is going to have to deal with the fact that we will not be flying first class. I purchased the tickets for us and I couldn't afford the extra expenses of flying anything more than economy, plus there wasn't much of a selection to begin with.

My surprise for Harry is also going according to plan. I woke up early to call Gemma and we worked everything out with Anne and Robin. I just hope Harry doesn't mind. Under normal circumstances I know he would be thrilled, but he's not in the right frame of mind right now, understandably so. Last night, after my siblings fell asleep, I held Harry as he cried until he went dry of all his tears. It was absolutely heartbreaking and I wish there was more I could do to comfort him.

I sigh and zip up our luggages before dragging them towards the elevator. My siblings lounge nearby as well, watching some cartoon on the television while we wait for my parents to arrive. 

"I'm tired!" Charlie complains loudly from the living room, causing me to roll my eyes.

"You can sleep later," Emma tells him.

"I'm also hungry..."

"We'll eat soon," I say as I pad over to them, crossing my arms. "I promise. I'm hungry too,"

"Amelia?" I hear from down the hallway.

I redirect my attention and walk towards mine and Harry's bedroom. He lingers in the doorway and gives me a small smile when he sees me.

"Hi," I say when I reach him. I put my hands on his shoulders while his find my waist, gripping me tightly.

"Hi," he replies. He leans down and presses his lips to mine in a gentle peck. "I don't think I ever thanked you for booking us a flight to London so quickly,"

"Don't thank me yet," I mutter. "I couldn't exactly book first class so I hope you don't mind flying economy,"

"...Can I have the window seat?"

"Yes, my love, you can have the window seat," I laugh.

"I like looking at the sky and clouds," Harry shyly mumbles while a blush spreads to his cheeks.

I reach a hand up and cup his cheek, letting my thumb run over it.

"You're cute," I tell him.

Harry's cheeks heat up further, now turning a deep red color. I absolutely love that no matter how many times I compliment him, he will become all shy and bashful.

"Even with puffy eyes and blotchy skin from crying?" he quietly asks.

I nod.

"I love you no matter what you look like, Harry. You're cute because you're you," I tell him.

Harry bites his lip as he tries to suppress a smile.

"Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to have you," he whispers. He brings his head down so our noses barely touch, our lips only a centimeter apart.

"You're so cheesy," I whisper back.

Harry grins.

"I know but you love it...just like I love you," he replies.

I roll my eyes just as Harry connects his lips with mine. I feel him chuckle into our kiss, causing me to also laugh slightly. He really is the corniest man on this planet, but he's right. I absolutely love his dorky sense of humor.