Chapter 17: Don't Do This At Home

This is bizarre

This is bizarre. This is fucking nuts.

Ian's had a couple of relationships long before this thing with Bryce and he's not gonna lie, some of them were freaky. A lot was weird, but no one has ever pulled this kind of shit.

He's not sure of how long he's been staring at it. It was small, and it came with a little remote with up and down arrows that the operator can adjust to whatever intensity they wanted. Ian's never tried anything like this before and he would be lying if he said he wasn't curious. He grabbed the remote and experimentally held the arrow up button, anxiously chewing on his bottom lip when he felt the toy convulse in his hand.

The thought of this thing shoved up his ass terrified him to the core.

"Think about it, baby."

Oh, he's thinking about it alright.

"This is crazy," he shook his head and dropped the items on the bed before clasping his forehead in frustration. "Why should I even..."

Preposterous. This is preposterous.

After another minute or two of inner Vietnam war flashbacks, Ian brought his wrist up to check on his watch and jumped up in panic, realizing that he's almost late for school. Grabbing his stuff, he made his way downstairs at high speed, not bothering to stop for breakfast.

"Mom, did you feed Polo?" he called for his mother as he failed to put his shoes like a bull in a China shop.

"I wish I could go back in high school," Olivia thought out loud while she was busy looking through old photo albums in the living room, a daydreaming look on her face.

"Cool," Ian muttered awkwardly. "Okay, bye, love you."

"I mean!" she went on loudly, making Ian impatiently roll his eyes. "There's just so much I didn't get to do in my glory days! Like- like... I've never fooled around with strangers like all my girlfriends did, I've never had a secret boyfriend, no piercings, no reckless driving, nada! All because your grandfather used to be so uptight! I've never even gotten a tattoo," she gasped dramatically, turning to her son. "Do you think I should get a tattoo?"

"Mom, I really don't have time for this-"

"You should indulge in your teenage days, Topolino," she stressed as she flipped more of the album's pages. "If there's something you haven't done yet, I say you do it! You have all my blessing," she paused, twisting her head back again with a frown. "Just please don't sleep with your teachers. That never goes well."

"Mom."

"Kidding. I'm always kidding," Olivia tittered, followed by an unnerving smile that made her son shiver.

Why, isn't that convenient? When he asked God for a sign, Ian didn't expect it to be his own mother. He slowly brought his hand to the bulge in the front pocket of his bag and closed his eyes. God, he's so gonna regret this.