𝖎.𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘

ALL OF THE DAYS IN THE ARENA were blending together, the tributes unable to differentiate between them

ALL OF THE DAYS IN THE ARENA were blending together, the tributes unable to differentiate between them. A few days (Haven thinks it must've been two or three) had passed since Reeve's death, and in that time her and Roxy hadn't encountered any other tributes, other than seeing the fallen's faces projected on the sky at night. The pair established somewhat of a routine, consisting of hunting, eating, finding shelter, and sleeping, just to wake up and do it again the next day.

Haven glanced up from the squirrel she was skinning and saw Roxy a few feet away, building a snowman. "I think you're the only person whose first instinct is to make a snowman while we're in the Hunger Games." Haven laughed. "That's why you love me." Roxy called back, throwing a snowball at the blonde.

"You know, you're my first real friend I've ever had. Growing up I only really was around my siblings." The blonde said, her tone more serious. "I find that hard to believe." Roxy said. "It's true. You automatically win the title of my best friend." The District 5 girl smiled at her. "Thanks bestie." Haven rolled her eyes at the ginger, amazed at how nonchalant she could act while they were in the arena.

The arena. The pair was brought back to their current reality when they heard voices, coming closer with every passing second. The two girls instinctively grabbed their weapons, Haven wielding her spear and Roxy her bow. The figures were closer now, a group of 5 approaching them.

"Shit." Haven muttered. "I second that." Roxy replied, realizing just who those 5 were.

The Careers.

"Look! I found some." the boy from 2, Max yelled. His partner, Daphney, cheered, breaking into a run, the others following suit. "Oh, I call dibs on the redhead! She's mine." Rosalie sneered.

The Careers were gaining on them, and the girls saw no point in running since they were outnumbered. Without hesitation, Haven quickly removed a knife from her belt, eyes focused on her target.

The dagger pierced through the air, exactly meeting its mark, confirmed by the loud BOOM of a cannon, and Daphney's body collapsing to the ground. The rest of the group didn't seem phased, except for Max who slowed down, crouching down next to his partner, a few tears falling down his cheeks. "Didn't know they had emotions." Roxy whispered under her breath.

The ginger paid for that joke almost immediately, her brief moment of distraction resulting in a knife sticking out of her calf. She whipped around, noticing Rosalie releasing another knife in her direction, but this time she ducked, missing the blade. Roxy immediately loaded her bow, her arrow piercing Rosalie's shoulder, causing the dirty blonde to scream out in pain.

Max got up from the ground, just in time for another one of Roxy's arrows to fly straight into his heart, causing him to fall right back down. Boom. The cannon went off a few seconds later.

The boy from District 1, Ellis began throwing daggers at Haven. The blonde reciprocated, throwing her own knives back at him, both of them dodging the other's weapons.