Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

Chapter Seven:

My suitcase is packed to its extent and my anxiety has reached a new level. I don't want to go. I do not want to go. I so desperately wish I could somehow escape from this. I should run away, but who am I kidding? I wouldn't make it very far on my own, not in this condition. I just want to fly away. At this point I'm really envious of birds, they are lucky. They don't have to be ripped away. They don't have to reluctantly leave their home. No one can pull them back. No one can keep them in place. They are free. I wish I was a bird.

"Aunt Camile's house is like ten minutes from the beach," Luke practically shouts from the living room.

I roll my eyes. We all know that.       

"Yeah, and? We've been there at least eighty times. What's so exciting about it now?" Ethan mumbles.

"Um, because we are going to actually be living there now!" Luke exclaims unpleasantly loud, 'not just visiting for the holidays."

Don't remind me, I roll my eyes again.

"I'm just excited about living close to a pro basketball court," Ethan says, sounding more enthusiastic than before. "D says that they get free tickets. So that means we'll get them too."

"How come?" I hear someone move closer to the kitchen, stamping their feet loudly and hear Luke curiously question. "Don't be too happy bro. It's probably a scam."

"My guess is, it has something to do with the fact that they live nearby or something," Ethan answers.  "It is not scamming. Not everyone is like you bro." he scoffs with indignance.

"Whatever Ethan. I can't with you right now."

Great. I'm so glad everyone else is just so happy, For the third time, I roll my eyes.

"I think this move is going to be good for all of us," Mother comments.

Yeah. All of us. Totally.

I sigh, blowing a raspberry, shoving my suitcase out of the way and plopping down on my mattress. I wonder why I'm the only one with nothing to be excited about, but I already know the answer to that. My vision takes its journey to my shelf that is beside the window and the framed photo on the plaques of wood. It was when we were all little kids and every one of us is in the photo. I was six then in that photo and soon to be seven, I think I had my birthday on that trip too.

Emma and Amber were about seven, Drake and Sammy were about eight, Luke had just turned eight a couple of weeks after and Ethan and his friends were eleven.

Our cousin, Declan, was in the photo too with a friend of his but I've forgotten his name. I never see that boy in the picture when I visit him at the coast, My guess is they grew apart. I think if Emma and I ever grew apart and were no longer friends, it would break me.