Treacherous 41

"Je serai là pour toi."

"You can leave me," Jimin could only sigh at what Chaeyoung suddenly blurted. She was leaning on the headboard while he sat down by her feet. He didn't face her nor did he say anything and just continued to gently press the pack that he has against her injured ankle. "I can do it. You can leave Ji—"

He gave her a stern look, stopping for a couple of seconds from what he's doing. Chaeyoung immediately shut up at that, as though she's a child scared to be scolded by her father again.

"You can hate me. But please do not have yourself hurt because of me." Jimin said. He then looked away from her, tending to her sprained ankle once more. "If you really wanted to get away from me that much, to the point that you risked hurting yourself, then I'll willingly stay away from you."

What?

"I won't bother you again after this. I'm sorry," He rasped.

Her heart dropped at that.

It was silent in the room for a moment.

"I can just love you from afar," It was barely a whisper. But Chaeyoung was able to hear it. She pursed her lips, gulping the lump that formed in her throat. It was suddenly hard to breathe, hearing those things leave his mouth.

"Your safety and happiness are more important than my own. I accept my defeat, Chae." He added, a small smile formed on his lips. Yet they don't represent happiness. The tone of his voice along with his expression, sadness was clear. "I accept now that I really lost you. I shouldn't do this to you."

A sob made Jimin look back at her, eyes widening at the sight of the girl crying. He let go of the pack, scooting closer to her in worry.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Jimin asked gently, yet he didn't try to touch her. He wanted to wipe those tears, yet he already accepted that he no longer has the right to hold her.

Chaeyoung looked down, still crying. She'd lie if she doesn't admit that she misses him. She still loves him after all, even after what he did. That love won't easily go away in one snap. She still does.

She tried hard to push him away, and now that he's willing to leave, why does it hurt? She wanted him to leave her alone, and here he is, already saying he will. But it hurts so much.

It hurts so much hearing those words escape his mouth.

"I hate it," she breathed, sniffing.

Jimin bowed his head. "I know."

"I hate that I still love you even after the pain you've caused me," She let out. That made Jimin look at her again. Somehow, that sparked something in him. She still loves him?

Chaeyoung lifted her head, looking straight to his eyes. Tears continued to stream down her face. It was clear in both their eyes.

The longing.

"I won't ask anymore Chae. I don't wa—"

Time stopped the moment he felt her lips against his. Chae cupped his cheeks, pulling him even closer. The amount of restraint that Jimin had snapped. He placed his hands on either side of the girl, pushing himself up as he kissed her. The amount of yearning hits them strong, making him take over.