Chapter 43: A Moment of Infighting

After the whole Bakugo ordeal, you weren't allowed near him. As a matter of fact, you had no idea where he was. You hadn't seen him since the incident. Currently, you were sitting with Todoroki and Midoriya. The shorter male was on your right and the taller was on your left. "Shoto?" You asked, looking up at him.

Instantly, Todoroki turned to look at you. "Yes, butterfly?" He questioned in return, trying to ignore his burning feeling of jealousy. Midoriya ignored the interaction, hugging onto your arm. "I w-wanted to know where Bakugo is..." You trailed off, making both of the males tense up. The taller male recovered first. "He's in his room." He replied with surprising composure.

"Can I see him?" Your question made both of them tense up again. Midoriya let go of you. "Why would you want to see him? He hurt you!" He exclaimed, obviously still furious about it. Your gaze trailed off to the side. "Well, I-" You tried to rationalize it, but the green-haired boy interrupted you. He seemed enraged. 

"No! You can't see him, okay?! I'm not risking you getting hurt again! I don't care how much you want to, I won't allow it! You're mine and you need to understand that!" Midoriya yelled, causing you to shrink back and start shaking. Todoroki put an arm around your chest protectively. "Midoriya, that's enough." He said firmly.

"Is it?! Is it enough?! I don't think it is! Because no matter what we do, it never seems to be enough for her! No matter how hard we try! She's an ungrateful brat!" The green-haired boy ranted. Todoroki stood up. "I said enough!" He yelled, glaring down at Midoriya. You looked between the two of them. There was a heavy silence as the two glared at each other.

Holding back tears, you ran to your temporary room. Neither moved to stop you, too focused on their personal fight. Once you got inside, you slammed the door shut and propped a chair against it. You curled up on the bed and let your tears fall. Your hands clenched into fists as your heart sank. Maybe Midoriya was right. Maybe you were an ungrateful brat.

"Look at what you've done, Midoriya!" Todoroki yelled, gesturing to the hallway that you had run through mere seconds earlier. Midoriya seemed offended. "Oh, so now this is my fault?! I was trying to protect her!" He replied, reaching into his pocket for his butterfly knife. The taller male seemed more furious than he ever had before.

"Protect her?! Is that what you're calling this?! All you're doing is proving that you're the monster she thought you were! It's no wonder she was so afraid of you!" Todoroki shot back, his left side sparking up subconsciously. Midoriya's hands twitched. "What the fuck did you just say?!" The green-haired boy questioned, his eyes showing the insanity he held within.

Todoroki glared at him ruthlessly. "I said that you're a monster, Midoriya. A psychopath. Look at yourself!" He answered, gesturing at him. Midoriya pulled his knife from his pocket, rubbing the blade with his finger. "So what if I am?! At least I embrace it, unlike you and Kacchan!" He said, accidentally drawing blood from his hand.

"At least I love her! You two are just obsessed!" Todoroki replied, breathing heavily. Midoriya smiled. "Is that so? I think that you're the obsessed one. You followed her home. You snuck into her room at night. I bet you enjoyed every minute of it too, creep." He jabbed, ignoring the pain from his cut. The taller male shook his head.

"No. That was necessary! I needed to do that!" Todoroki tried to rationalize, running one of his hands through his hair. Midoriya saw his opportunity took it. "But was it? You're obsessed. You're a creep. A stalker. She could never love you." He taunted. The half and half male's gaze went to the floor.

Midoriya giggled. "If she knew what you did... I don't think she'd even want to be around you. You're just a monster. A pervert. A psycho. Imagine the look on her face if she knew that you crept into her house and slept with her. She'd be terrified." He continued, smiling devilishly. He had the upper hand now.

Todoroki's breathing got heavier. "She loves me more than she loves you. She loves me. She cares about me. She would never..." He trailed off, feeling his heart pounding. Midoriya seemed smug. "If she knew all the creepy things you've done... I think she might want you dead." He said, trailing the blade of his knife along the taller male's throat.

Todoroki's hands started shaking. "No, she wouldn't... she loves me. I'm not a monster... I was just protecting her..." He muttered, continuing to shake. Midoriya rocked hard with laughter. "Keep telling yourself that. Once she knows, she won't forgive you." He teased, trying to push the taller male off the deep end. 

Luckily, he didn't manage to. With that said, Todoroki did change that day. There was no more mercy left in his frozen-over heart.

~

"This deal isn't fair!" 

"It was never meant to be. Unfortunately for you, you already agreed."

"Yeah! You already agreed!"

"Come on, we used to be bros."

"You knocked me out!"

"You seem to keep forgetting that."

"Still! You could show a little more mercy!"

"Sorry, dude. No can do!"

"Normally, I would have shown you mercy, but this is (Y/N) we're talking about."

"Yeah! When it comes to (Y/N), we're dead serious!"

"... I can do this myself, you know. I don't need you to be a yes-man."

"Uh... right, sorry."

"Don't worry! (Y/N) will be ours before you know it!"