f o r t y e i g h t

Melissa's POV

The sun peeked through the long white linen curtains and into my eyes causing me to turn over in bed only to be met with a large pile of muscles

The sun peeked through the long white linen curtains and into my eyes causing me to turn over in bed only to be met with a large pile of muscles. I came face to face with a sleeping Troy and quietly watched as he snored softly. He looked so peaceful and relaxed. I gently caressed his cheek and kissed his nose before he opened his left eye smiling at me. "Good morning" he said in his deep and husky morning voice making the tiny hairs on the back of my neck stand up. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I asked. He shook his head and snuggled me into his warm chest. The sound of his heart beating calmed me and I felt my body melting into his.

Troy kissed the top of my head and slowly drifted off back asleep. Once his breathing slowed down, I carefully pulled away from his embrace and walked over to the on-suite bathroom. As I was in the middle of my morning hygiene routine, I heard what sounded like construction happening outside. It was loud enough to where it seemed like it was directly in front of the house. I grabbed my silk robe and walked downstairs and opened the front door.

To my surprise, I saw a tow company hooking up my car to the tow truck. "Hey, hey hey...what do you think you're doing? This is private property. What the fuck are you doing towing my car?" I screamed at the man. "Ma'am, this car has been reported stolen by its owner. I'm just doing my job" he said snidely. "I am the owner of this damn car. Let my shit down now." I demanded. "You don't look like a Mr. James Reynolds." He shrugged and continued working.

"Fuck" I cursed to myself and placed my hands on my hips. I paced back and forth wondering how in the hell he knew where his car was. Fear crept up inside of me at the thought of him getting to me or my son. I could care less about the actual car. Out the corner of my eye, I saw a man standing across the street leaning against a black Range Rover. Looking closer, my chest tightened and the breath from my lungs had vanished. He smiled and waved at me before getting in his car driving off.

I ran back inside only to bump directly into Troy. "You ok?" he asked. Tears streamed down my face as I tried to make sense of what I just saw. Troy rubbed my arms and searched for my eyes before raising my face to his. "What happened?" he asked concernedly. "He knows I'm here" I stated plainly. "Who kn-...James?" he asked. I nodded my head and cried harder. He embraced me and slowly rocked me back and forth. "I promise I will never let anything bad happen to you. I will die before I let him hurt you ever again. You hear me?" he asked looking directly in his eyes.

I nodded and he placed a few soft kisses on my lips. He stared at me genuinely concerned yet so lovingly into my eyes. The glare in his eyes made me weak in my knees. His embrace felt safe and secure.

James' POV